Comment

You must have so abused that truck.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

araldite and a band aid - good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
          araldite and a band aid - good as new.
          Yep a good dose of "feed the world, let them know its new head time..." will sort it out!

Nice crack Albannach...

...infact, that more like a cooling channel than a crack, it's massive!
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            ...infact, that more like a cooling channel than a crack, it's massive!
            It is quite a big one, the edges actually protrude!

There are lots of wee ones, but none as noteworthy as the one in the picture.

I wouldn't have trusted Araldite ... I wonder if Belzona would do it?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              It is quite a big one, the edges actually protrude!

There are lots of wee ones, but none as noteworthy as the one in the picture.

I wouldn't have trusted Araldite ... I wonder if Belzona would do it?
              Roll up the foil off a KitKat and stick that in there.

Comment

Just rub the edges of the crack with snake oil....Hmmm! How many smutty remarks can you get from one sentence then??????
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously though, Andy; Tales like yours worry me . I assume that you have kept your truck well maintained and that you dont really thrash it. I had a 2.4 crack on me some years ago, and that was all part of the learning curve, but when I went for a 3.0, I was hoping to avoid a repetittion. Was the failure very sudden, or did you get an incling that there was something "not quite right" first?......Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Still think its the gasket

Back in the day Baby

Comment

The truck is well maintained, has had 2 cooling system flushes since I bought it 2 years ago. It had a new radiator (just in case), new cap and 'stat just after I bought it. It's never been thrashed and has never overheated (since I bought it).

The first clue I had that there was something wrong was a gurgling cooling system when I turned it off one evening. It only lost about 3L of coolant and even though the crack is a biggie, it didn't spit coolant all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        The truck is well maintained, has had 2 cooling system flushes since I bought it 2 years ago. It had a new radiator (just in case), new cap and 'stat just after I bought it. It's never been thrashed and has never overheated (since I bought it).

The first clue I had that there was something wrong was a gurgling cooling system when I turned it off one evening. It only lost about 3L of coolant and even though the crack is a biggie, it didn't spit coolant all over the place.

Well you did all you could, so the rest is just down to metal fatigue, poor design and bad luck. By the way, Andy, at what mileage did it fail?...........
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          Well you did all you could, so the rest is just down to metal fatigue, poor design and bad luck. By the way, Andy, at what mileage did it fail?...........

I reckon it was outside his house Mick...
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                            By the way, Andy, at what mileage did it fail?...........
                            The odometer is reading 135,000 kilometres. But.
                            Last edited by Albannach; 21 September 2011, 20:41. Reason: Deleted conjecture

Comment

My what a big Crack you have .......
                              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                              X