Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lspv

Hello guys.

I have looked under my surf above the rear axel i have a t piece and have followed the lines to the front and tcant locate the lspv. Anyone got a picture of one or do some trucks not have them
    SWIFT AND BOLD

It's above the rear axle, the actuator is on the left, the valve is on the right with a bar between (if looking from the rear) .

It's raining here so not going to take a pic just now. Have a quick look on the net for a pic.

Comment

Have found a picture it has a spring on it. Loking again under my truck i have nothing like it. Mine is a third gen is yours a second gen.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        Have found a picture it has a spring on it. Loking again under my truck i have nothing like it. Mine is a third gen is yours a second gen.
        Sorry didn't realise you had a 3rd Gen, yeah mine is a 2nd.

Either way if yours has one I expect it needs to be on the rear axle. It adjusts the brake bias when you load the truck, I can't see how it would work anywhere else.

Comment

Here's an idea, take a picture of your trucks axle, see if we can see it.

Comment

Cant up load at the moment. Am i right in what i think i am looking for.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I did a quick google, have a look here.

I think this is a 2nd Gen Surf or maybe a Hilux.

Comment

I lifted these images off Yotatech. Both posts said that they were 96 3rd gen 4Runner. Could they be the same as yours?....Cheers....Mick.
                Attached Files
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

If you ABS then you will not have one .
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

yep i have abs thats why i cant find one. does this change the bleeding sequence due to the abs? i cant see why it should i have bleed brakes on cars with abs before but not the surf
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

There will probably be a vehicle pecific bleed sequence. I don't know about the Surf but many vehicles with ABS can't be bled without being plugged in to a machine to manipulate the ABS valving.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Bleed the system as normal starting with furthest away from master cylinder . Dont spin the wheels with the ignition turned on as this can upset the ABS system .
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

all done nice easy job. However the truck still pulls to the left under braking, so i got the tracking rechecked all good, cant seem to see or feel any play any where. So now i am thinking brake pipes? Any one else got any ideas?

Colin
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Jusr re read my last post. I ment hoses not pipes. If a hose is deterorating can this cause uneven presure to the caliper.
                            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I have heard of rubber pipes 'swelling'.
                              I've never experienced it though.
                              Did you clean out the calipers?
                              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                              X