yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear heater piping gone (and panhard rod help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear heater piping gone (and panhard rod help)

Hello again all, and a quick thanks for all the help you lot have been with my truck problems so far.

My trucks had a few motors put in during its short but hard life (3 motors and a head replacement)
    And with the last one the donor truck was rather basic and did not have many features and one was the rear heater.

Long story short the rear heater now has no pipes connected to it at all so does any body know if its possible to retro fit this very easily or should I just put up with out it and shut up?
    Main thing I mean is that theres no pipes in the engine bay to take off coolant like there used to be, so does any one have some ideas on an easy tap off I could add and where do the pipes normally run (nothing between engine bay to rear heater, pipes gone too)
    Photos of pipes and where they run would be great if possible

Cheers again all for your help, my poor old surf would have long been dead without all the threads Ive been using to fix her
    Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 18 September 2011, 10:17.
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

PS: hows my old girl look, whats everyone think of her?
    Every mod ive now done to it has been with factory parts (yes im fussy and hate my truck to look tacky)

was a 91 narrow body basic version and have basicly added all newer features from parts from a local/mate wrecker
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice, mine is the narrow body also. Cool retro looking front.
      Non consternationes.

Comment

yea I kind of like the older fronts too, the newer "rounder" lights and grill just dont do it for me.

Gonna hijack my own thread here, just saw another thread about the panhard rod.
        Is this why my trucks rear wheel alignment is out (tracking to the right) and is a little sagging in the right side still after I put my lift springs in?
        Mabey its about time I buy the adjustable panhard rod for my toy?

Comment

if you have a welder handy cut the panhard rod - weld a big bolt (1"dia) to one end and the nut to the other bit. use another nut as a locknut.
          remember to measure it first to allow for adjustment when welded.

cheap way to make the panhard rod adjustable - spend the difference on beer
          Attached Files

Comment

sounds like a good idea to me, (especially the beer part)

wow theres loads of room under there too without the spare tyre crud mine has.

And looking at your springs, they are those the airbags that you pump up for towing? Are they any good?
            So happy with my lift but every time I throw a decent size trailer on she sinks back down to the ground so had been looking at them but wanted some feedback on them first

Comment

airbags are great for heavy loads

my toolboxes are over 600kg and it sits level with 15psi in the bags.

i put the air fitting on the back bumper - easy to add or remove air in a gas station.
              Attached Files

Comment

Think im going to have to get some
                dam, looks like more money is going to vanish into the "I want that on my truck" fund

I think I can blame most of the things and mods I have done to my truck on this website and me drooling at all your trucks
                Ive already spent twice what I paid for the truck on parts lol

never the less still love my truck, even though shes eating all my money

Comment

Working...
                X