rear wheel bearing play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel bearing play

Good evening one and all hope you are all having a gd weekend ,now today I have been doing varios jobs round the truck that needed doing. One was to repalce to rear brake shoes which was easy.Before I took the rear wheels off I gave them a spin and both rear wheel bearings felt nice a smooth but I did notice that when sat In front of the wheel I could pull it in and out but only very slightly ,now is this normal or do I have a problem?, I did do a search for play in rear bearings but nothing of help came up
    Always up to my neck in it

That's almost impossible to answer over the interweb.

A small amount of play is OK, I know what a small amount of play is, but I'm buggered if I can explain it!

If there is no, constant, whine from the back whilst driving and the bearings feel smooth, they are probably OK.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That doesn't mean they won't collapse tomorrow. Just thought I'd add that!

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply, I got a gd idea what slight play is its just I don't work on anything like our trucks at my garage ,so don't Realy have anything to compare to that why i came on here to ask, I think from what you have said it would be best to tepalce both rear bearings to be on the safe side

Comment

If you have any doubts at all; replace them. But be aware, the job is a pain in the hoop!

That reminds me, I have to do mine too...

Comment

Thanks for the warning so do your bearings have play in to?

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
              Thanks for the warning so do your bearings have play in to?
              Yep. And they howl like a howling thing...

Comment

Working...
              X