No announcement yet.

stupid newbie question (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK cheers guys - i will go fiddling, at least it is only an on/off switch. if it was a big red button i might be worried to press it

What is this about a rear heater/fan - i'm not sure i have one of these either.

Regards,

alex

Comment

Originally posted by _cj_
      OK cheers guys - i will go fiddling, at least it is only an on/off switch. if it was a big red button i might be worried to press it

What is this about a rear heater/fan - i'm not sure i have one of these either.

Regards,

alex
      mine is in the back of centre consol so people in back seats can use it if required good in winter keeps driver seat warm too
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

If your really lucky it might be for Diff Lockers

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
          If your really lucky it might be for Diff Lockers
          is that the place where you put your sunglasses when not wearing them
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by _cj_
            help please

im the proud owner of a silver 3g 3.0 and i'm still finding my way around it

- anyone know what this switch does - it just says on / off - it doesnt look like an aftermarket switch

Regards

alex
            That'll be the old switch for the blues and two's. Look carefully down the sides of the truck, see if you can see the old police lettering!
            Pete

Comment

It could be something as simple as a spotlight/front foglight switch, check wether yor front spots work with dipped/main beam then put the switch to off and see if they go out????? Thats the only thing i can think of!!
              If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
              I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Is it the IDLE UP switch
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Nope not the idle up either, that's the switch that isn't circled in the photo of the window and rear fog switch.

Wouldn't surprise me if the switch didn't do anything at all - I've found loads of wires behind my dash and centre console that were for 3rd party accessories that have since been removed by the dealer.

Comment

ok i'm stumped - ive pushed, prodded, pulled, poked and tweaked and i still have no idea what the !*@%£ it is

oh well - i guess it cant be important - cheers anyway

Regards,

alex

Comment

pull the little sucker out are there wires to it? if it has------
                      then its the old fashioned sparks way TRACE them to where they go.
                      WARNING this may take some time as you may have to unscrew facia's ect, but at least you will know
                      Pops

Comment

Its the switch to activate the Flux capictor dummy
                        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                        X