Strange Clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Clicking

I have a strange clicking coming from the boot of the 3rd gen, Now nothings out of place, the rear window relays are working, the central locking is working and the rear wiper works as it should. Now the clicking is only heard when stationary and the truck's running, i've tried finding the elusive little bugger but to no avail, i'm thinking it might be one of the rear relays but i'm not sure hence this post, It was doing this before the head went as well so no connection there, it seems to be regular like the relay clicks in for a second then out and carries on like this until the ignition is off, Once you start it again the damn click is back, any idea's??
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Does your 3rd Gen (for people who don't read posts properly) have the factory hard/soft dampers fitted? Could be the actuator on top of one of them is faulty and clicking.

Rear door speaker clicking?

Comment

Cheers Thrifty, Yes it does have a towbar but the relay is disconnected

Hi Vince
      No it has the later suspension setup with no hard/soft option it's probabley one of the first with the AWD drivetrain if i got my facts right. The noise is there with no stereo on plus i only have speakers in the doors not the boot area.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Death Watch beetle?......................
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
        X