Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bling Paint

Hope this does not go against the forum rules;

A mate of mine runs his own paint spraying & touch-up business and also does a paint transfer system. He has done carbon fibre style wheels, interiors and bike parts. The design is floated on warm water and the item dipped in, wrapping the design round the item. It is applied over a base colour that shows through so you can have various designs colour matched.
    Have a look at his wall photos on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom...16382861750592

I have no connection with the business, just passing it on as a matter of interest. (although I may get a pint out of him if you lot get interested)
    Cheers Col
    All the best

I kind of like some of that stuff.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
      Hope this does not go against the forum rules;

A mate of mine runs his own paint spraying & touch-up business and also does a paint transfer system. He has done carbon fibre style wheels, interiors and bike parts. The design is floated on warm water and the item dipped in, wrapping the design round the item. It is applied over a base colour that shows through so you can have various designs colour matched.
      Have a look at his wall photos on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom...16382861750592

I have no connection with the business, just passing it on as a matter of interest. (although I may get a pint out of him if you lot get interested)
      Cheers Col
      Does he do full "surf" blow overs, wouldn't mind mine doing if the price was right + your only round the corner from me.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Bike parts would respond well to hydrographic printing.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Oh hydrographics is it ! (sounds obvious now you say it).

As for the size limit I know he can do an 18" alloy wheel but not sure of the size of "hydrographic" sheets and the tank is around 3ft square.

As for the blow over, he does a mean paint job ( I saw the lime green van that he shows on the site and it looked stunning in the flesh) but I don't know about the costs.

The touch up and matching is quite amazing. I know that matching up standard car paints is easy with the right gear but I have seen him do a repair on a UPVC window where he obviously had no code for the shade and it was spot on.

Don't forget to mention the hilux surf forum and me (col) as I'm now looking to upgrade my pint to a double JD.
          All the best

Comment

Working...
          X