It works it works it works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It works it works it works

At last been a long time got my surf already blown up as a bit of a project, took engine out then cut the end of my finger off at work which slowed me down a bit. Had to do alot to it, it already had a new head but that had been cooked so needed rebuilding. The turbo was shagged and emptied engine oil out of the exhaust then it siezed. I decided to rebuild so its got new pistons, big ends, mains, flywheel (other was badly cracked), camshaft, valves, buckets, reconditioned injectors and turbo. Goes well now and got more power than I expected always had gutless landies prior to this. Going to do a 200 mile trip tomorrow and give it a run in, really hope I've done everything up, bit paranoid after all that work!! Here's a pic I hope !?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Dazza
    At last been a long time got my surf already blown up as a bit of a project, took engine out then cut the end of my finger off at work which slowed me down a bit. Had to do alot to it, it already had a new head but that had been cooked so needed rebuilding. The turbo was shagged and emptied engine oil out of the exhaust then it siezed. I decided to rebuild so its got new pistons, big ends, mains, flywheel (other was badly cracked), camshaft, valves, buckets, reconditioned injectors and turbo. Goes well now and got more power than I expected always had gutless landies prior to this. Going to do a 200 mile trip tomorrow and give it a run in, really hope I've done everything up, bit paranoid after all that work!! Here's a pic I hope !?
    Dazza.

Well done, think you have now become the ultimate technical resource for the forum having done a ground up engine rebuild and got it working. At least you know exactly what was done to the engine so you should have a good one there with lots of miles left on it.

Also it's a nice looking truck, love the colour and the wheels.

Cheers

Comment

So, what do you do when you really want a challenge?!!!
      Keith

Comment

Love the wheels!!! Nice truck there - well done you!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

yea well done, mmmm nice wheels, oh look the're simular 2 mine blue 1's goes faster
          Attached Files
          lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
            yea well done, mmmm nice wheels, oh look the're simular 2 mine blue 1's goes faster
            Yep, Metalic blue (either plain or over Silver) gives you at least 20mph extra top speed and reduces the 0 - 60 time to less than a week

Cheers

Comment

I think I saw you on the M4 on Monday Morning, just pulling off at oxford.

Nice wheels I though, with nice wheels.

Comment

Yup could well have been me, been all over in it can't help but think of places to go. The nice man who blew it up left me a full tank of diesel which is an added bonus.
                A few little things to wonder about, I can over take cars and lorries on the duel carrigeway at 45mph (think speedo might be wrong).
                Also getting black smoke when I boot it when cold, which keeps people off my arse but bit worrying doesn't do it once it's warmed up, not too sure what black smoke means.
                Do have advantage, been rebuilding engines scince I was 14, still can't spell thou.
                Supose I'll have to start doing diy again before Misses divorces me, or could find another project speedboat would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                X