• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbag kit

anybody done this??
    anyone sell them here?
    what do you think?
    http://www.4wdworld.com.au/1%3A-Fire...r-Bag-Kit.html
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

I Wouldn't bother unless your carrying heavy loads all the time, not heard of anyone on here buying them.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I have got them in my 3rd Gen I got them from the States; Matt Savage in the UK now sells them

http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/copy_of_Coil_Springs.html

I have found them really useful when doing off road trips to Spain and such likes as you always seem to take too much gear with you

Just scroll down the page

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        I Wouldn't bother unless your carrying heavy loads all the time, not heard of anyone on here buying them.
        I have them fitted on my truck complete with on board compressor. Great for towing or carrying heavy loads.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

i have em too - great for moving 650kg toolboxes
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
            i have em too - great for moving 650kg toolboxes
            mm! it looks a bit small for the springs, supposed to be like that?? or with same spacers? only have seen on pics so i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
              mm! it looks a bit small for the springs, supposed to be like that?? or with same spacers? only have seen on pics so i dont know.
              check the picture - the panhard rod is disconnected and the axle is hanging free.

you have to cut the bumpstops down to fit them - they are easy to fit and work really well if you want to carry weight in the back.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                check the picture - the panhard rod is disconnected and the axle is hanging free.

you have to cut the bumpstops down to fit them - they are easy to fit and work really well if you want to carry weight in the back.
                oops didn't realized that
                i aked to these people if there is a dealer here in Ireland and he send me this form to be filled (an other way to make more money?) so i will fill it to see the difference in price, to compare with matt savage.
                http://www.driveriteltd.com/cimgs/dr...e_kit_form.pdf

Comment

Don't you remove the bump stops alltogether and drill out the top mount for the air line?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    Don't you remove the bump stops alltogether and drill out the top mount for the air line?

Nev
                    Yup.

I've fitted two sets for people, I really rate them, especially for an expedition truck that has to travel fully loaded most of the time.

Definatly pay the extra and get the compressor and in cab controller though.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X