No announcement yet.

Anyone bought / want a new surf carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bought / want a new surf carpet?

My carpet is dead and fancy changing it while I have a blank canvas to work from however struggling to find a direct replacement in the uk.

I have found this in america at a reasonable price but the shipping doubles the cost

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...37&ModelId=415

Has anyone bought a replacement over here or made one from raw materials? What were your experiences and how much did you spend?

Wondering if a bulk buy might work if I use a mates courier contact to get the shipping cheaper for everyone. Ill look into it dependant on interest.
    Last edited by Bayside; 8 September 2011, 11:28. Reason: Title edit

read your post and was thinking??? then it makes sense when you click your link! I was thinking more like http://www.thistlehillweavers.com/carpets.html

Comment

Surf carpet not home carpet

Ah good point just to make it clear carpet for a surf not my house

Comment

IIRC George (Judwak) replaced the carpets in his Surf - might be worth doing a search ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

IIRC George (Judwak) replaced the carpets in his Surf - might be worth doing a search ...

What stains was he trying to remove

Comment

I think his original problem was the ingress of a large amount of muddy water and he found a way to resolve the issue ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

You may want to ensure there is no difference between LHD and RHD in terms of bulkhead fitting.

I've been looking for direct replacement mats for my 3rd gen and of course the US ones won't fit properly as the drivers mat has the cutouts on the wrong side.
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

i bought a carpet from stockinteriors a few years back - it was the full kit including the rear and seat backs in ultra plush.

really good fit and excellent quality, only thing is the heel pad is passenger side for lhd.

it was $268 delivered then at $2 to the £

the prices have gone up a lot - $427 + shipping for the same order now and its not $2 for a poond anymore.

remember theres import robbery to pay as well when it arrives.

Comment

• Jcros
                  Jcros commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just to confirm I have a 2002 surf will the lhd version of carpet fit minus the heel pad?

www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

When i did mine i just bought a 4mt roll of car carpet off ebay and cut it as i went, cost me about 25 quid then, it aint top quality but good enough, also it aint wool or fabric, it's sort of made made polymer stuff, used a hair dryer to help mould it round awkward bits, only prob i find with it is every little soddin thing sticks to it, dog hairs are a right bugga to remove, but it's far cheaper than a tailor made carpet set
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    When i did mine i just bought a 4mt roll of car carpet off ebay and cut it as i went, cost me about 25 quid then, it aint top quality but good enough, also it aint wool or fabric, it's sort of made made polymer stuff, used a hair dryer to help mould it round awkward bits, only prob i find with it is every little soddin thing sticks to it, dog hairs are a right bugga to remove, but it's far cheaper than a tailor made carpet set
                    This was where I have come back towards doing I think. Im looking at sound deadening via some tried and tested bitumen based sheet with a reflective sheet then some closed cell foam over that and the carpet.

Have found some carpet suppliers just waiting for some pricings. Just need to work out the square meterage required.

Comment

very soft feet he has too and the most buffed toe nails in the whole of surfdom

Comment

do has i did it worked a treat
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                        X