Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Is it illegal to put one's domestic rubbish in someone elses wheelie bin?
    Any ideas why he used your bin,or was he just being an asre

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      Any ideas why he used your bin,or was he just being an asre
      They forgot to put theirs out, so it was full. Ours had just been emptied.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
        I would say just rude, they got their own bin, they should use that.....

On the other hand, and i did notice you mention domestic, what about the hooded chav with his can of pop ? would you prefer he put it in your bin or just threw it on your front lawn ?

We get sweet wrappers, cans of pop, bottles jammed in the hedge, i would love the little scrowts to put it in my bin.......... save me doing it...
        I don't mind the odd coke can or sweetie wrapper, but this was a large black bag full, a good 1/3 of my bin. Come collection time (2 weeks) my bin would be full and I'd have had to take runs to the cowp with my own rubbish.

Comment

This won't get out of hand; how can it? It's not like they're going to have a go at me for taking their rubbish out of my bin and giving them it back? And if they did, I'll act dumb (which is easy).

I wouldn't have bothered if it the bin was being emptied after they put the rubbish in (dog waste, Buckfast bottles and food containers) but it was when my bin was empty, it was my recycling bin (none of the stuff they put in was recyclable) and it meant I couldn't clean it.

We actually spoke about it at work last night, some say it's illegal, some say it isn't. We did laugh at the law that says it's illegal to take something from someone's bin/skip without their permission. Should I have asked their permission before I took their rubbish out of my bin? Technically; the rubbish wasn't mine, so I shouldn't have moved it...

Comment

I don't mind the odd coke can or sweetie wrapper, but this was a large black bag full, a good 1/3 of my bin. Come collection time (2 weeks) my bin would be full and I'd have had to take runs to the cowp with my own rubbish.
            Ok, he has a payslip therefore he has a job therfore he can take his own crap to the tip in his car (or a taxi) in his own time! Unless, of course, he bought his car from Algy's Autos, and it doesn't work!!!!!
            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Ah, see thats different, they are causing you actual trouble if mixing up whats in what bin, and filling it before you've finished.

I'd still rather have a polite word though before taking any 'action'

This won't get out of hand; how can it? It's not like they're going to have a go at me for taking their rubbish out of my bin and giving them it back? And if they did, I'll act dumb (which is easy).

I wouldn't have bothered if it the bin was being emptied after they put the rubbish in (dog waste, Buckfast bottles and food containers) but it was when my bin was empty, it was my recycling bin (none of the stuff they put in was recyclable) and it meant I couldn't clean it.

We actually spoke about it at work last night, some say it's illegal, some say it isn't. We did laugh at the law that says it's illegal to take something from someone's bin/skip without their permission. Should I have asked their permission before I took their rubbish out of my bin? Technically; the rubbish wasn't mine, so I shouldn't have moved it...
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You were just right! Cheeky bast*rd filling your bin after it's just been emptied! I get a fortnightly collection and it's hard enough fitting it all in by the end of the two weeks.
                If someone was throwing extra into my bin once I had left it out for collection then that's fine if it helps them out a little.

It's just another example of people not giving a sh*t about others so that they can look after thier own wee 'corner'.

Comment

Our bin was 'accidently' removed by a neighbour once so we retrieved it immediately after the next collection and marked it with our house number - had to clean the remains of the gungy batsards crap out of it first though !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I can understand why you took issue, I had a similar problem recently when I hired a skip, I got the skip at a reduced rate as it was only meant for rubble, the first night it was only half full and several of my neighbours decided it would be a good opportunity to clear their front gardens of rubbish, got up in the morning to find it full of old garden furniture, tv's and alsorts! What they had not realised was the previous day knowing the type of people I live next to I had walked up and down the street and made a note of everything people had in their gardens, I returned the lot to it's previous owners

Comment

FFS people moaning about a BIN getting dirty?!?!?!
                      Are they not DESIGNED to put rubbish in? Ours gets jet washed occasionally, but we're not precious as to what goes in it.

We have a seperate nappy bin for the nappies, which are all bagged anyway.

And yes, you were (morally) right to take it out. However the bin does belong to the council, and as such I would reckon by law anyone could use it.
                      However, if it was on your property then do him for trespass!

cheeky buŁŁer!
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                      X