An important question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An important question

Is it illegal to put one's domestic rubbish in someone elses wheelie bin?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Without trawling through every possible statute, I'd say no.

Comment

If someone put their rubbish in my wheelie bin and I took it out and gave them it back, would that be illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        If someone put their rubbish in my wheelie bin and I took it out and gave them it back, would that be illegal?
        Only if you shoved it up their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          Only if you shoved it up their arse.
          Nah, I put it in a black bag and left it on their doorstep. I stapled the bloke's payslip to the outside of the bag.

Comment

LOL, nice.

TBH, I wouldn't be bothered, unless bin was full up and it made a mess.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nah, I put it in a black bag and left it on their doorstep. I stapled the bloke's payslip to the outside of the bag.

Comment

you did right
                in my book its illegal to use some one else bin
                its a waste container and if its not yours then dont use it
                also to take some one else rubbish is theift
                so putting his property back on his property was the right thing to do

the payslip thing is just soooo you
                Last edited by JUDWAK; 7 September 2011, 09:11. Reason: was missing a L
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Without your permission it's bare faced cheek if you ask me.

Oh & I like your style Andy.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

.....and so another nieghbour war starts over something petty.

Wouldn't it have been more tactful to just have a polite word next time you see them, or just ignore it if its a one off?

Once they know you find it unexceptable then you are morally allowed to get the hump.

You know I like and respect you Andy, but unless its a bag full or dog poo and you have a nice clean bin (ours currently has 2 shot rabbits, and a dead rat, so I pity anyone opening the lid to dump things in it!! ), or its stopping you putting your rubbish in it, its a little over the top isn't it? and if they arn't sensible too, then they'll start doing stupid stuff and it'll end all out of proportion.

Quite honestly, if I never filled my bin, and next door only ever had one bag, I would be completely happy them dumping it in my bin.

(this all posted on the assumption you have no other 'issues' with neighbour that make this more than it seems)

oh, and send me your address again for this fuel cap...

Comment

Your bin's got two shot rabbits in it? Dogs would have had those here. Not the dead rat though

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen View Post
                        Your bin's got two shot rabbits in it? Dogs would have had those here. Not the dead rat though
                        LOL, they do normally, but they are full up ATM...

The Labs like a rat as well if we don't get it off them, but as they've mostly been posioned, we try to get them off them.

The new Collie pup squealed like big girl, ran for safey of car and hid last time the Labs caught a rat. He's such a pussy!

Comment

I always thought that the wheelie bin belonged to the council? Can't be illegal otherwsie you would not be able to use skips!

Comment

Depends on local bylaws I would imagine - particularly in those areas that have had the trials with "smart bins" (that monitor waste usage with a view to charging house owners according to amount of refuse taken away by the local councils contractors)

We get our bins emptied once a fortnight. One Friday we were away and a friend of ours forgot to put the bin out for us. We had a polite word with the neighbours and they said it was fine to use their bin if there was any space left in it on bins day.

Amazing the difference a quiet polite word makes.

Comment

I would say just rude, they got their own bin, they should use that.....

On the other hand, and i did notice you mention domestic, what about the hooded chav with his can of pop ? would you prefer he put it in your bin or just threw it on your front lawn ?

We get sweet wrappers, cans of pop, bottles jammed in the hedge, i would love the little scrowts to put it in my bin.......... save me doing it...
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X