Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 times for Hilux Surf Range?

Hi

Quick query - anyone have available or know where I can get 0-60 performance data etc for the Hilux Surf range?

Ta

Tony

I used a calender to measure mine
    Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

0-60

Sorry for the silly question that was a friend demonstrating how to use the forum to me.

I am considering buying a Hilux surf and am really struggling to confirm the particullar specifications and model ranges available around 1993 onwards

if you have any details please let me know cheers

tony

Comment

[QUOTE=TKDACE]Sorry for the silly question that was a friend demonstrating how to use the forum to me.

I am considering buying a Hilux surf and am really struggling to confirm the particullar specifications and model ranges available around 1993 onwards

tony[/QUOTE

No worries, we get plenty of silly questions here

Browse the forums here and have a look at http://www.showmesome.info/hilux

Between these two you should find the answers to most questions you have, any not covered there, just pop back and ask.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by TKDACE
          Sorry for the silly question that was a friend demonstrating how to use the forum to me.

tony
          I wouldn't bother with the model ranges you will never find two alike, so many optional extras were available that could find a lower spec Surf equipped better than a higher spec one.

SSR
          SSR LTD
          SRR V
          SSR X
          SSR X LTD
          SSRG

lowest spec top, highest bottom.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Alun
            I used a calender to measure mine
            half a tank of deisel INNIT
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

If you talking about performance you have 3 options for a 2nd Gen truck (89-95)

2.4TD, 3.0TD or 3.0 V6 (harder to find, most will be UK 4Runners)

The 3.0TD is noticabley quicker than the 2.4TD all over, the V6 petrol is slightly quicker than the 3.0TD on exceleration, but thirstier and lacks the low down torque

If your towing and doing high miles get the 3 liter deisel, if you like the sound of a V6 and don't mind 15-20 mpg the petrol motor is the choice.

If you want to save money the 2.4s are much cheaper, but you won't get many from 93 on, and only a little better mpg than the V6.

Having owned and played in all three, I'd only be torn between the V6 and the 3.0TD.

Perfomance of the 2 3.0 liter options is on a par with 3500 V8 Range Rovers, V6 Shoguns (except the Evo) of a simular era. Nothing else come close and they look miles better.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

60 mph? whats that. if the turbo light comes on im going too fast and in the realms of gallons to the mile not visa versa. 55mph all the way, save the fast stuff for the other halfs new style mini.

ps. i am not really a tight git....hmmm, actually i think i am.

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
                  60 mph? whats that. if the turbo light comes on im going too fast and in the realms of gallons to the mile not visa versa. 55mph all the way, save the fast stuff for the other halfs new style mini.

ps. i am not really a tight git....hmmm, actually i think i am.
                  don't worry about that... my 3.0 has the same mpg at 2ph or 90mph... just floor it!... cruises nicely at 90 and stops accelerating at 115 (i would imagine!)... must be wind resistance!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    don't worry about that... my 3.0 has the same mpg at 2ph or 90mph... just floor it!... cruises nicely at 90 and stops accelerating at 115 (i would imagine!)... must be wind resistance!
                    stop eating the beans then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

0 to 60.........You can do 60, in the same year?

Blimey!!!!!!!!

Derek

Comment

Perspective Surf Owner

Thanks For All The Great Responses, They Have Just Made Me More Determined To Get Rid Of The Family Saloon And Get Surfin.

I Shall Be Using This Forum Alot More In The Future And Will Recomend It To Other People With Surfs That I May Meet On The Way To Purchasing My Own Surf.

Thanks

Tkdace

Comment

Hi all

Just another basic question, is there any prefrence btween a 3.0 TD auto or manual, pros, cons, and the like??

Comment

I think you will find most of the 3.0L TD's imported tend to be auto rather than manual. Personally, having moved from a manual I'm getting real lazy now and just letting my left foot rest. Problem comes when I have to drive the wife's Polo...forget to push in the clutch sometimes when coming to a stop at junctions!!!
                            Mike G

Comment

Working...
                            X