total shot in the dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total shot in the dark

this may seem a bit random and also a bit cheeky but has anyone who is local to weymouth have a 54mm hub socket as the one ive ordered didnt come saturday and im taking the family to devon tomorrow and my front wheels need sorting,im quite desperate hence why im asking on here ,failing that can anyone suggest a way of tightning up the hubs without that socket
    help,advice would be a god send thanks

Pipe wrench? They don't need to be tight, just tight enough that there's minimal play. I did both my front bearings and didn't have a socket. Just nipped them up, spun the wheels, nipped them again. Drove, checked for play. All good
    Last edited by Apache; 4 September 2011, 10:04.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just open the retaining flap bits with a screwdriver, then tap the outer 54 nut round with the screwdriver, remove locking flap bit then repeat for other 54 nut!
      there are pics somewhere of "how to remove the hub" but i can't find the link at the moment!
      Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

didnt think i could use a screwdriver,thanks for the advice guys going to go sort it now.

Comment

Originally posted by deadeye7916 View Post
          didnt think i could use a screwdriver,thanks for the advice guys going to go sort it now.
          A screwdriver and a hammer, use the screwdriver as a chisel to tap it round gently so it's a bit tighter than you can do by hand or with grips.
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
          X