• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel alignment gadget.

What are your opinions on this.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...VEX24RrfV-O_lg
    If its not broke don't fix it.

In my own, humble and very personal, opinion; it's shite. It looks like it's only doing one wheel at a time and if that wee box with the laser is only a wee baw hair out, the alignment will be way out.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

i reckon you would get a different reading everytime you done it. sooo many vairables that only have to be minute and make a massive difference. they only way it might work is on a perfectly flat floor with tyre presseres perfect and tyre wear the same etc.
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
        i reckon you would get a different reading everytime you done it. sooo many vairables that only have to be minute and make a massive difference. they only way it might work is on a perfectly flat floor with tyre presseres perfect and tyre wear the same etc.
        Have to aggree, i didn't see the cost of this thing but although it may sound a bit "heath robinson" my two bits of 2x1" and a tape measure got mine dam near spot on, fraction of the price of this gadget i would think, ligning the fronts with the back is a whole different color dog tho, mine is very slightly "crabbing" not visually noticeable and no wear on the tyres etc in a year
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Have to aggree, i didn't see the cost of this thing but although it may sound a bit "heath robinson" my two bits of 2x1" and a tape measure got mine dam near spot on, fraction of the price of this gadget i would think, ligning the fronts with the back is a whole different color dog tho, mine is very slightly "crabbing" not visually noticeable and no wear on the tyres etc in a year
          I think it says £85 in one of the comments boxes.

Comment

When I replaced everything on teh other half's MR2 suspension I "guestinated" the tracking with two planks of wood and by eye - so it was half drivable to have a proper KDS alignment.

It was better than I'd thought, but a proper KDS alignment is simply fantastic!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

It`s principle of operation is essentially sound so long as you do the basics first i.e. make sure there is no play in anything, tyre pressures are alright and your on reasonably level ground.

Probably gonna get pulled to bits for this but if you think about it you are aligning the laser head in the straight ahead position with the first wheel which is toeing out, you then move the bar to the second wheel level it off and get your reading. As your laser has not moved and you set it straight ahead on the first wheel the reading you get will be the total toe as it is in effect measuring twice as much toe due to being set level from the first wheel.

I reckon it would work fine for checking your tracking at home and be at least as accurate as a set of dunlop gauges that most workshops still use for a basic check, your never going to get anything to do an accurate 4 wheel alignment check from home.

Comment

Working...
              X