Grown up Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grown up Surf...

Remember this truck I sold for someone a few months ago....

well it came back to me with a clicky starter motor to fix, and now looks like this....

....we may have got carried away, and the fun hasn't finished yet.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

what mods have been done to get it at that height? thats how i want mine....
    is it 2" body and 3" suspension?
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

Do those wheels rub? Are they 35's?
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

It's a 2" body lift, Roughtrax 2" suspension lift (inc torsion bars), 8x15" Pickup offset alloys and 33x12.5 BFG M/T's.

Still to come are Manual hubs, diff drop spacer and a steering stabiliser.

I had to trim the bumper ends, but its dosn't rub on the mudflaps on the road, I reckon it'll rub a bit offroad, but can trim the inner skin of the mudflap if it does.

I maxed the torsion bars as far as I could, its almost touching even cut down upper bump stops, a little less lift on the front would be preferable but once i fit the diff drop and hubs the front shafts won't suffer to much, but I wouldn't leave it to long like it is now.

Its 25" from sill to floor at back, and 24-3/4" at front.

The uprated T/bars ride nice this high, but are on the firm side, but not sure stock old ones could handle it.

The new style BFG's M/T's are a stunning tyre, they are pretty big void M/T's, but drive really smooth, very quiet and balenced easily without excessive weight. I'm very impressed with them.

Its a nice look, very pleased with it, it looks big enough without being 'in your face' or 'pull me over Mr Plod' big. 33's are my favourite size tyre on a 2nd Gen.

Comment

tony i think i need to meet you haha, you need to teach me your wisdom on these vehicles haha. i got a standard gen 2 3.0td. bought it a couple of weeks ago and just giving a good service etc to start with but want it to be that height with them tyres etc. but need to learn more about "diff drop" and all these other things ive read about haha.

im a mechanic so not got a problem with getting my hands dirty etc but not had anything to do with modifiying 4x4s before
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

Hahaha, nice one Tony. Still sucking people in with the old photoshop eh?

Watch that scammer, he's taken loads of people on here for lots of cash on the promise of lifts...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I've recently bought a Algys franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Me 2
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That truck looks lovely Tony! If I had the money at the time I would have snapped it up!

Have you had a chance to look at the fuel pump on the 4 runner for me? I'm not in too much of a rush as I can't put the engine in until the clutch arrives on Tuesday. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

PMSL
                    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                    X