• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydrogen fuel system

anyone has done it?
    is someone familiar with this?
    http://www.waterboost.co.uk
    i had being trying to get in contact with them but no success
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

no one has done it?
    or heard of this company??

Comment

Hahahahahaha!

"The Waterboost System uses spare electricity from your cars alternator to generate Hydrogen and Oxygen gas from water. The Hydrogen and Oxygen is fed into the manifold of your vehicle...

The results are astounding, more torque at lower engine speeds, lower emmissions, cooler engine, less carbon build up and considerably more miles per gallon."

You are joking right?

You should buy a Powerchip first...

Comment

"Waterboost has been carefully developed by the same team that created the Sonic Reflex Sound Therapy System and the Vapureyes."

Methinks they have been smoking too much of what they sell at Vapureyes...

Comment

I think one or two on the forum tried to build their own DIY cells...but I suspect results will vary from cell to cell

Now the big question will you get a net energy gain ... sucking current from the alternator will cost energy/fuel, does the hydrogen or browns gas or whatever it is offset this loss... by all means buy it and give it a go ..report back how it went.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Sorry, but it is complete and obvious tripe. Whilst it is possible that an invention which breaks the presently known laws of physics will one day be made, this one ain't it.

If one could split hydrogen from water in a way which actually added energy to a system, then this would be "a good thing". It would be known as a perpetual motion machine. The inventor would be a googillionaire. Unfortunately the law of conservation of energy rather inconveniently gets in the way.

Just another scam like many before it... see e.g. here

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
              Hahahahahaha!

"The Waterboost System uses spare electricity from your cars alternator to generate Hydrogen and Oxygen gas from water. The Hydrogen and Oxygen is fed into the manifold of your vehicle...

The results are astounding, more torque at lower engine speeds, lower emmissions, cooler engine, less carbon build up and considerably more miles per gallon."

You are joking right?

im a bit green on this!! i dont know the company despite many emails. i was starting to think is a scam.
              what kind of powerchip?

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                im a bit green on this!! i dont know the company despite many emails. i was starting to think is a scam.
                what kind of powerchip?
                Any kind of powerchip. Unless you like throwing money at snake oil salesmen...

Comment

any recommendation of powerchip?
                  due i asked once to a company and they answered they cant do because is a 1993

Comment

Looks like another 'I've bought a Surf and can't afford to run it' thread to me.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                      any recommendation of powerchip?
                      due i asked once to a company and they answered they cant do because is a 1993
                      Powerchip is another snake oil scam. Look up Wayne Besanko on t'internet.

There are lots about.

Your truck drinks diesel. More than modern and economic cars, because a) it is a big heavy 4x4 truck, c) it is old and inefficient. There are obvious things you can do to reduce mileage like keep tyres fully inflated, empty back, remove roof bars/light bars etc etc zzz.

But if you want something economical with fuel, sell the truck.

There are no quick magical fixes beyond the obvious steps above which solve fuel consumption issues. Just as there are no quick fixes which turn your heavy 4x4 truck into a performance sports car (a Lexus V8 does not qualify as a "quick fix").

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

A power chip is just a few resistors (pennies to buy) which companies then sell at hundreds of pounds. I've yet to hear someone convincingly say it makes a significant difference. Do you like getting ripped off?

There are some things you can do to improve performance on a Surf but it's never going to be particularly fast (unless you get Vince to do a Lexurf conversion for you). In order of increasing cost:

1. Put some washers on the bolts for the turbo wastegate. (Less than a £1)
                        2. Fit an intercooler. (Less than £100)
                        3. Fit water/methanol injection. (About £500)
                        4. Fit LPG injection. (About £1500)
                        5. Lexurf it. (About £5000ish I think is Vince's going rate for everything)

If you want to improve fuel consumption learn to drive in a way that saves fuel. A Surf will never do much more than mid 20s mpg unless it's on the back of a breakdown truck.

If you want to save money on diesel get yourself a supply of waste veggie oil (WVO) and dry it & filter it. Alternatively buy yourself fresh veggie oil (SVO) from a wholesaler/supermarket when on offer/Poundland.
                        Last edited by Rustinho; 2 September 2011, 18:58.

Comment

my 2.4 goes great now after the power chip conversion.

thanks vince

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                            my 2.4 goes great now after the power chip conversion.

thanks vince
                            That and the Lexus V8 engine and ECU!
                            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                              Hahahahahaha!

You are joking right?

Don't forget to add your two stroke oil into the mix!............
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X