How many of you have removed back box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have removed back box

Hi all, how many 2.4 LN130 owners have done away with their back box in favour of a pipe straight from the middle section, AND had no probs with an MOT ???
    thanks
    nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Not recommending this for everyone but since I did my lift, got rid of the side steps and put the 33's on I've done away with both my centre and rear boxes and just have a short pipe coming out the side after the chassis, it's grunty but not too loud and all I got from the MOT tester was "whoa it sounds like a big scania"

Comment

OK i have to admit this is something i want to do as the Standard Dustbin thats under mine is not exactly in the best of health.
      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Removed mine years ago and brought a cherry bomb off of custom chrome and then built my own exhaust over the axle and out just behind the rear wheel so its well out of the way for off road use i managed to use the stock mounts and adapted the last one by welding an arm on it so it could support the rear part i think it looks cool and it was a fraction of the cost of a new rear section. No problems with the MOT and sounds good too

Chris

Comment

Price from the cat (or base of the downpipe if one isn’t present on the car already) would be £379 including VAT and fitting. If you would like to book or just to discuss, please give us a ring.

This is a quote i just got from longlife for a stainless steel one
          GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

I made my own exhaust from downpipe back, it cost me £15 for a 2metre length of exhaust tubing, £10 for a second hand hks backbox , and an hours work with welder and pipe bender.
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
              I made my own exhaust from downpipe back, it cost me £15 for a 2metre length of exhaust tubing, £10 for a second hand hks backbox , and an hours work with welder and pipe bender.
              Hahaha! Fancy making another one?!

Comment

Or 2?
                www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post

Pipe bender?
                  What type?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Pipe bender?
                    What type?
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Pipe bender?
                      What type?
                      its a rolson 12 tonne hydraulic pipe bender, good for slight curves but not for tight bends as tends to kink the tube
                      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X