Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Rear Aircon

Hi Surfers,

I have fallen in love with the Surf, my previous thread was asking about the surf over the Explorer. The reason for the change was someone in Laindon, Essex, drove past ina black surf and god it looked fine. I'm afriad I'm a looks man..

Anyway.

Rear aircon, how cold does the load space get, are there any vents into the load space. The reason is my pup is a hairy mammoth and gets damn hot, my parents live in bath and I visit regulary and don't want to be sat on the M25 car park with him severely overheating. The aircon in my ar struggles to cool the cabin let alone him in the boot.

A lot of Surfs have a rear heater which is housed in the centre console, and a few have a roof console that is more like a air purifier, or you could always open the rear tailgate window for the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      A lot of Surfs have a rear heater which is housed in the centre console, and a few have a roof console that is more like a air purifier, or you could always open the rear tailgate window for the dog.

also with the tinted windows this helps reduce the heat in there
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by coggie2k
        Hi Surfers,

I have fallen in love with the Surf, my previous thread was asking about the surf over the Explorer. The reason for the change was someone in Laindon, Essex, drove past ina black surf and god it looked fine. I'm afriad I'm a looks man..

Anyway.

Rear aircon, how cold does the load space get, are there any vents into the load space. The reason is my pup is a hairy mammoth and gets damn hot, my parents live in bath and I visit regulary and don't want to be sat on the M25 car park with him severely overheating. The aircon in my ar struggles to cool the cabin let alone him in the boot.
        There is no rear aircon, only a rear heater, however if the aircon is working properly it should cool down the whole car. As sugested, tint the windows. Yesterday was pretty hot, and my kids sat in the back asked me to turn the aircon down as they were cold.
        Pete

Comment

hi all -1st post n' all that! - just bought my surf on friday and the aircon is SERIOUS!

my two dobies are gonna love it!

take care

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            There is no rear aircon, only a rear heater, however if the aircon is working properly it should cool down the whole car. As sugested, tint the windows. Yesterday was pretty hot, and my kids sat in the back asked me to turn the aircon down as they were cold.
            Pete
            Mine doesnt seem to get cold at all.. does it need the gasses recharging ?
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Coggie just a thought if you black/tint the rear glass should keep out most of the rays.
              The A/C on the surf is more than capable of giving you frost bite, OK slight exageration, if it doesn't then it may need recharging.......muncher

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                Yes, or the compressor has gone, or the belt has snapped
                [color=darkorange]
                [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
                1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
                [/color]

Comment

Jason,
                  You need to get it tested to see what the problem is. Where abouts are you? Got mine done a couple of weeks ago, £60.
                  Pete

Comment

The air con on my surf is superb.

In a muggy evening it can mist up every window in the truck in about 30 seconds.
                    Including the back one.

Comment

Originally posted by rob88
                      The air con on my surf is superb.

In a muggy evening it can mist up every window in the truck in about 30 seconds.
                      Including the back one.
                      That's the sauna function. It came as an optional extra. Mine had it, but it was the external one which operated from the exhaust, to create a sauna in the garage. I had it removed when I had the engine re-built as I never liked it!
                      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        Jason,
                        You need to get it tested to see what the problem is. Where abouts are you? Got mine done a couple of weeks ago, £60.
                        Pete
                        Hi Pete,
                        I'm in Rochdale (please dont hold that against me). Where did you get yours done and how long does it take roughly?
                        I know the belts ok and the compressor seems to be pumping but its just not getting that cold.. ?
                        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Hi Pete,
                          I'm in Rochdale (please dont hold that against me). Where did you get yours done and how long does it take roughly?
                          I know the belts ok and the compressor seems to be pumping but its just not getting that cold.. ?
                          Place on Bury/Bolton rd, sent you PM.
                          Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X