Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/M oil cooler question

Hey fellas
    i got a B&M supercooler trans cooler to replace the stock one in the bottom of the rad
    iv it mounted on its side just infront of the ac rad wit the two fittings pointed towards the driver side an im just wonderin would it be better to put the line bringing the hot atf from the box to the top or bottom fitting on my new cooler??

Thanks
    Dara

Probably top but beware of mounting it too high. The setup of having the OE ATF rad cooler at the bottom is there for a reason.
    Mike G

Comment

wont make any difference - its going to even out to the same temperature as the atf gets hot. i usually connect them the easiest way for the pipe runs.

personally id go in at the bottom cos air rises in the oil - it cant get airlocked if your'e on steep stuff and the pump gets a mouthful of air. should never happen but you never know

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
        personally id go in at the bottom cos air rises in the oil - it cant get airlocked if your'e on steep stuff and the pump gets a mouthful of air. should never happen but you never know
        thats exactly the reason i asked the above ha...i doubt it'd airlock but you can never be too sure

Comment

Working...
        X