3" lift on a gen 2 3.0td auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" lift on a gen 2 3.0td auto

ive had a search around but can't find a defo answer for what i want to know,
    i want to do a 3" B/L but whats involved with the gearsticks on an auto and is there enough extension on the steering coloum? is there anything else im missing other than rad n bumpers?

thanks
    alan
    www.apmautos.com

ok brilliant, was just a bit worried as i had read about cutting the tunnel and extending the shifters, is that only on the manuals then?

is there any advantage to fitting a 3" over a 2", like tyres etc?
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
      2" body lift wont be enough to run 33s if that's what your asking.

But then nor would a 3" be enough, most folks run 2" body and 3" suspension lift to fit 33s.
      ok mate cheers mate. think ill go down the 2" body to start with, apperently ive already got "uprated torsion bars" so will only need shocks and springs to raise the suspension.
      should i go with a 2" lift with springs and a 1" ball joint spacer? or can you do 3" just with springs etc?
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
        You can get landcrusier springs from milners HD70 I think from memory that will give you 3" lift just turn then to have the spring end on the cup ridge and they sit fine even off road. Wind the bars up fit longer dampeners and you have a very cheap and cheerful lift.
        HDJ80
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

and where can i order all these parts from inc the dampers for a 3" lift
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

Get ball joint spacers (I'm going to when I get around to it) The TB's will lift the suspension so its level with roughttrax plus 2 springs and coil spacers, but you'll be on the bump stops and have no downward suspension travel... not much of a problem but you will get some wheel hop. Good job surfs are so heavy, gravity seems to help a lot!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
              Get ball joint spacers (I'm going to when I get around to it) The TB's will lift the suspension so its level with roughttrax plus 2 springs and coil spacers, but you'll be on the bump stops and have no downward suspension travel... not much of a problem but you will get some wheel hop. Good job surfs are so heavy, gravity seems to help a lot!
              so that seem like the wrong way to do it properly
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                so that seem like the wrong way to do it properly
                Err, yes, if you are referring to how I have lifted my truck.
                Its not "wrong" there's just better ways.. I could back theTB's off a bit if I really needed to, but its not that much of an issue at all.

and if there's no such word as "can't" I don't see why "exsist" should exist...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

fair enough, just wanna do it the best way possible first time round so i dont change my mind in a few months time.
                  www.apmautos.com

Comment

A 4" bracket lift is probably the 'best' way to do it.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ok now you've confussed me, not heard of a bracket lift before....
                      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Working...
                      X