Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service CD for Prado

Gday Fellas,

Ive just got a new Prado. Well its new for me a 2006, 120 series, GX Limited 1kz Diesel.
    I tried purchasing the service manual cd from my local Toyota dealer and they said that they are not able to be sold to the public.
    Bummer as the Gregory service manual is crap
    Any ideas where I can get one or download one?

Cheers Matt
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Shouldn't that be the 1KD D4D motor?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No the GX Limited was a 1000 run special model to clear out stock of the 1KZ motor in order to make way for the 1KD D4.

They decked out the GX with bits eg wide wheels, Abs, Fog lights, Flares, reversing senors, Auto, flasher interior, roof rails, metallic paint, steps and other bits and bobs and called it a GX Limited

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
        No the GX Limited was a 1000 run special model to clear out stock of the 1KZ motor in order to make way for the 1KD D4.

They decked out the GX with bits eg wide wheels, Abs, Fog lights, Flares, reversing senors, Auto, flasher interior, roof rails, metallic paint, steps and other bits and bobs and called it a GX Limited
        Surely that would make it a 1970s rather than a 2006 model...?

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post

Cool, wasn't impressed with the 2005 D4D motored 120 series I recently rebuilt, its more powerful and better MPG, but rediculously complicated.

When you have to start programming the seriel numbers of the injectors into the ECU to get it to run properly, its not a truck I'd want to drive to the back of beyond like you'd hope a LC could.

I have a reasonable Max Ellery manual for the 120 series, and there are lots of 1KZ/TE manuals online.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Guys

The main reason I wanted a service manual is to install a cruise control switch. I have to take off the cover of the steering wheel, which means temporally removing the airbag.

Ive read lots of articles on the net, but i would like to get it right, as get it wrong and it could blow my head off!

Any links on how to disarm & remove the airbag would be great.

Cheers Matt

Comment

Steering wheel removal

Hi,
              Disconnect battery earth lead,
              Set wheels straight ahead,
              Remove the 2 torx screw covers,
              Undo the 2 torx screws,
              Lift pad and disconnect air bag electrical connector, and remove screw,
              Sit pad on flat surface,
              Remove cruise control lever and unplug wiring connector,
              Release steering wheel retaining nut and back off nut,
              Mark position of wheel to shaft, to ensure original positioning,
              Leave nut a few threads on the shaft to ensure that when hitting the wheel off, it does'nt hit you in the face,

To refit, reverse instructions.

Comment

Working...
              X