cctv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    Agree..CCTV only shows them in the act not who they are, one device I'v been looking at is a ornate looking PIR courtesy/security lamp it senses movement and switches on the sort of thing you would use to light a dark driveway so its not as threatening to the local scum so they may come closer but hidden inside is a 5-8MP camera taking stills every 2-10 sec roughly, these might be of more use for identification

example
    Hi after first fire attack we have had the firebrigade fitted one of
    those cameras hidden in a spot light, on the 2nd fire attack when my wifes 3rd Gen was distroyed, we checked the camera and had 1,600 pictures of my Landcruiser and a picture of a fireman knocking at our door to tell us the wifes car has been set on fire.
    Got a mate to fit 4 panning cameras, a 500gig harddrive recorder and a few other gadets that baffle me cost me just over £700 that was last November, since then caught 5 people breaking into other cars on camera and could clearly make out ther ID. Rang police all 5 were caught with 1hour 3 were still in the cars in the street.
    In March house insurance gave us a 40% discount for having the system in and in June car insurance gave me 20% extra discount, was worth paying out £700 have had half of it back in discounts already. Picture quality is 580-600 something or other which is TV quality.
    Morale of the story is you only get what you pay for sorry for being boring.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

The main thing to remember whether you are using cctv as a deterent or to catch someone and that you are only allowed to have the cameras capture your own property and no property that the public are allowed to use.
      We have had this with our neighbours as they fitted 3 cameras to the outside front and they had to adjust them so they never captured any of the other properties boardering his property as it comes down to ivasion of privacy.
      If you have access rights over someones property you still cannot have cctv filming the access,only the land owner can have cctv filming the access.This is the info that we have got since the neighbours had theirs fitted
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If my neighbor decided to CCTV theirs and our car park or even my garden / items then I would be more than happy they're spending out for that rather than make them adjust their system so they only capture their property.

My car had small dings put in the new rear door last year and someone keeps thieving my metal dust caps. Getting anoying now.

I was thinking of putting a outdoor IP wireless camera outside the back upstairs window. The only problem I have is power and finding a cheap enough outdoor camera. They're quite a bit more than the indoor versions.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          The main thing to remember whether you are using cctv as a deterent or to catch someone and that you are only allowed to have the cameras capture your own property and no property that the public are allowed to use.
          We have had this with our neighbours as they fitted 3 cameras to the outside front and they had to adjust them so they never captured any of the other properties boardering his property as it comes down to ivasion of privacy.
          If you have access rights over someones property you still cannot have cctv filming the access,only the land owner can have cctv filming the access.This is the info that we have got since the neighbours had theirs fitted
          Hi Rich under the circumstances my neighbours dont mind my cameras only cover 4 cars to left and 4 cars to right plus the cars acroos from me but dont look at any house windows. And the speaker syserm shouts "OH" if anyone gets to close to my house or cars so they look up straight at the cameras, but it only does that if any one is the pickp-up area for more the 7 seconds, took a while to set up but it was worth it.
          My mate is using me as a guinea pig at the moment developeing security systems.
          By the way Rich how is the truck driving going have you still got that contract.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
          X