Now w're Surfin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now w're Surfin'

Finally, picked up the Surf this afternoon! Its fantastic, especially compaired to the Defender I part ex'ed it for.

I found it a great drive, much better than the Landy. More positive, more responsive, more all sorts. Its got to go back to have the tow-bar fitted, but thats not a problem. Got a few other things to check out with the vendor but it has a good warranty. Biggest problem so far is a steering wobble / vibration at about 60. It also pulls to the left so I will get the tracking checked by an independant and if there is still a problem it will be back to the garage to have it sorted under the warranty.

So far, I have fitted a bonnet guard, dog guard, silicon wipers, seat covers, and a mat in the back for the dogs. Next up, set of floor mats, maybe a boot liner.

By the way, for those who want to know:
    Its wine red with grey, 2.4, 94 model, 60,000 miles, and it came with all terrain tyres. Oh! and 5 alloy's which I understand is very unsual.

I will have a go at posting some photos soon.

Ben

hi ben,
    let me know how you get on with the pulling to the left thing. mine has been doing it for a while now and i've had the tracking and wheels checked but i'm still having no joy.

will
    black 1995 ssrx 3.0ltd

Comment

Check your idler arm bushes . Also some tyres have gone out of shape due to being left standing for a while whilst at docks in Japan and on ship over . This will cause alot of wheel wobble

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

wecome ben. enjoy your new bolt on grin . good luck with the surf
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

Working...
        X