Black Surf, anyone know it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBobE
    hi i am just wondering if it would be possible to view your hilux surf as i am in the market for a 3rd gen. my 2nd gen surf it getting a bit more of a toy at the moment,

is it taxed private or as a commercial???

and how long is left on the road tax and doe / nct????

--
    Rob

Originally posted by BEN
    Hi Rob,

Viewing any time welcome just let me know in advance - I'm not there, I'll have somebody to meet you, it's on Ringsend Rd Dublin 4.

Tax is €895 annualy, private 2.4l

Tax and NCT expired, the Hilux is stationary as I'm contracted to Uganda.

I got quite an interest at the moment, what are thinking to pay?

Regards,
    Ben

Comment

Are you going to pop up for a look at it then ?
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Yeah probably do it Saturday...

Comment

Should be interesting, see either way if it's a dodger..
          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
            Educated guess coming up. He has spent a lot of time in Africa and has started to speak and write English like an Afrikaaner ( a Japie), and now he is returning to Africa.

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/profile.php?id=297391
            Even a japie does not write that badly as they are well educated in SA and Uganda is a long way from SA! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
              Even a japie does not write that badly as they are well educated in SA

Beg to differ. Yes they are well educated, but for most, English is a second language, and many do write it that badly. I know, Ive work with plenty of them.

and Uganda is a long way from SA! LOL!
              Yes it is, but so are lots of other places and since 1999 or thereabouts,when they lost their pariah status South Africans have poured out in droves to work in other countries. You will find them all over the world, and all over Africa, Uganda included. At one time I thought it was illegal to buy a pint in an Edinburgh pub unless it was served by either a South African or an Australian
              Сви можемо

Comment

hey guys,
                im fairly new to the forum although im on my third gen 3 surf now! Im a fan,
                1st been green/silver, 2nd which i still own blue/silver and now ive just purchased this all black ssr-x limited.
                I done my homework on this truck and researched the seller and it turned out to be genuine and not a dodger after all. its a 3.0l registered as 2.4 for tax reasons. Been extremly well kept and im very pleased.
                Sent it in for a doe test yesterday, only thing it needs is half shaft seal replaced, seller supplied full roughtrax repair kit. will also be needing tyres soon so il prob get some BFG mud terrains aswel as 2'' suspension lift. Already removed the steps and most of the chrome bits aswel as that steering wheel cover and badge

Great forum , very helpful with loads of knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Antob View Post
                  it turned out to be genuine and not a dodger after all. its a 3.0l registered as 2.4 for tax reasons.
                  Welcome to the forum, I`ve been searching for a definition of contradiction for quite some time now

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                    Welcome to the forum, I`ve been searching for a definition of contradiction for quite some time now
                    I love that nothing dodgy only registered as a 2.4 for tax EVASION reasons
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Ok it's something that was done here a lot in Ireland with jap imports, we don't have cheap road tax rates here like the Uk.
                      Unless its commercial Tax on a 3.0l is about €1390 per yr, 2.4 been €950 per yr so it's a bonus. Can easily be changed to 3.0l on the book if I wanted.

Not been a dodger I meant the advert etc wasn't a scam after all and I wasn't dealing with a Nigerian!!

Comment

The difference may be your insurance if you declare it as a 2.4 when it is a 3.0L. Surely even in Ireland that may make your insurance invalid?

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                          The difference may be your insurance if you declare it as a 2.4 when it is a 3.0L. Surely even in Ireland that may make your insurance invalid?
                          I agree it would invalid it if insured as a 2.4, but no i insured it properly as a 3.0l, IMO the insurance is important but as for the tax its a joke with the state our roads are in

Comment

Originally posted by Antob View Post
                            I agree it would invalid it if insured as a 2.4, but no i insured it properly as a 3.0l, IMO the insurance is important but as for the tax its a joke with the state our roads are in
                            Sounds like our government here which milks the motorist like a cash cow but does not invest in repairing roads.
                            The latest memo was not to repair small potholes. Obviously some idiot never realised that little pot holes grow up to be big pot holes and also endanger the life of a motorist, but in the meantime motorists use the various councils for damage to their vehicles!

Comment

I was a bit put out when I lived in Ireland to find that what I saved in not having to pay council tax I spent on taxing the surf.

Comment

Working...
                              X