Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello guys.im rickie from kent in the uk..new here..im usualy a mercedes nut .but i fancy a change and im now looking for my first ever surf/4 runner.

Hi there and welcome to Surfland!

Surfs are *usually* a better bet than 4runners, purely cos they've suffered fewer British winters (salt on road, etc) but there are plenty of good and bad out there!

Comment

Hello welcome
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1 View Post
          hello guys.im rickie from kent in the uk..new here..im usualy a mercedes nut .but i fancy a change and im now looking for my first ever surf/4 runner.
          Hello Rick. Good luck with your search. Take your time, and pick a good one......Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi Dude

Good luck with the truck search.

P.S. How does this tickle your fancy?

Comment

Sorry for hijacking your intro thread Rick but...

Regardless of the potential stupidity of that quote from the fleabay listing, I really don't understand how dump valves work on turbos despite having read a few bits & bobs around t'intarweb about it.

Can someone please explain to me why a dump valve would / would not work on, for example, a 2.4 automatic Surf such as the one in the fleabay listing?

I've read so much contradictary information (as you would expect on the net) I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys could take a moment to explain things to me!

Ta.

Comment

The first two paragraphs in this piece explain it nicely.

Referring to the ebay listing, it always amazes me how enthusiasts of something (in this case Surfs) can talk such BS. They should know better!

Comment

welcome dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post

Referring to the ebay listing, it always amazes me how enthusiasts of something (in this case Surfs) can talk such BS. They should know better!
                    I dont think he's an enthusiast atall, he previously stated he only bought
                    the truck to sell on. He obviously knows little about surf's as he has'nt
                    mentioned, what IMO, is the best mod on the truck, the SAS.

Oh, and wellcome by the way.
                    Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                      I'd read that before and with less distractions around (wife & little 'un have gone to visit relatives!) I think I get it now.

The way I see it, on an automatic there is no need to release the pressure from the turbo to prevent the turbo from "stalling" because there are no rapid gear changes which would sufficiently change the airflow through the turbo which could cause "stalling".

(I say "stalling" in order to emphasise the aerodynamic meaning rather than implying that the engine stops running!)

Comment

You are correct, Rusty. A dump valve on an auto does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1 View Post
                          im usualy a mercedes nut .
                          Which one?

Oh, by the way; capital I and apostrophe before the m in I'm; usually has 2 'l's; capital M in Mercedes and no space before the full stop.
                          Last edited by Albannach; 21 August 2011, 00:20. Reason: It's a secret
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Which one?
                            The one that holds the spring at the bottom of the bonnet emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                              You are correct, Rusty. A dump valve on an auto does nothing.
                              (Apart from making a "pssshhht" noise when you release the accelerator pedal?!)

Comment

Working...
                              X