where do you get your parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you get your parts?

hey guys im going to buy a surf tomorrow, a gen 2 3.0TD. just wondered where you get your upgrade parts from? im new to the 4x4 culture.

what upgrades would you rekonmend doing first?
    what can i do to get more power? make it look better? be more relaible than these beast already are?
    what waas you first mod?

thanks
    alan
    www.apmautos.com

Remove the side steps - Instant 6" lift (visually)

2" body lift - about £60 and 4 hours

Turbo boost mod (washers) more boost, need a turbo pressure gauge first (£20)

They were my first mods.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      2" body lift - about £60 and 4 hours

Turbo boost mod (washers) more boost,
      can you give me some more info on both of these? where do u get the bits for the lift? what effect does it have on the driving of it etc?

is there a "how to" anywhere how this washer thing? ive got a boost guage i can use from my starlet glanza
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

The boost mod is here, very easy:

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cheapboost.htm

The body lift parts are here:

http://xpajun.com/index.php?cPath=41...uiq2b5cqrvsos4

If you do the body lift you will also need rad drop brackets and bumper raise brackets. TonyN could make you a whole kit, spacers and brackets.

It makes no difference to the handling as far as I could tell.
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Before you spend money on mods do a complete service. Engine, gearbox, transfer case and diffs. Change all filters. Flush cooling system and refill with coolant. Consider replacing rad cap and thermostat just as a precaution. Also consider a timing belt change if unsure about when it was last done. After all that is done and it hasn't blown up on you, then start the mods.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            Before you spend money on mods do a complete service. Engine, gearbox, transfer case and diffs. Change all filters. Flush cooling system and refill with coolant. Consider replacing rad cap and thermostat just as a precaution. Also consider a timing belt change if unsure about when it was last done. After all that is done and it hasn't blown up on you, then start the mods.

Nev
            thanks very much for your info, just being a pest now, but any chance you could get a list of all parts/oils to do a full service and where to get them from?
            many thanks
            alan
            www.apmautos.com

Comment

oh and that link is for a 2.4, is it the same for the 3.0TD?
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

If your getting a 3.0. You won't need the rad drop as the filler cap is on the rad not on the main block like the 2.4
                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi Roughtrax seem to be the most popular and recommended parts site for Surf owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                    Hi Roughtrax seem to be the most popular and recommended parts site for Surf owners.

What he said.

Comment

bullet513 how long you used that name?
                      i will say why i aqsk
                      i did play et online and bullet513 was a player are you the same person?
                      anyhow iam judwak in everything online talon1973 and me ran a server were bullet513 played? is it you
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                        bullet513 how long you used that name?
                        i will say why i aqsk
                        i did play et online and bullet513 was a player are you the same person?
                        anyhow iam judwak in everything online talon1973 and me ran a server were bullet513 played? is it you
                        sorry whats et? lol ive used that name for about 10 years, bullet being my nick name and 513 being my old race number
                        www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                          what upgrades would you rekonmend doing first?
                          I recommend a spell checker and the use of punctuation as a first step. Then a full service, as Nev suggested, then think about what you want to do with the truck; then modify it to suit.

My first 'mod' was getting the glow plugs to work right.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                          X