Admiral Insurance Vehicle Catergories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral Insurance Vehicle Catergories

Something really odd on the online quotation. The vehicle I was looking at was a 2.4 1993 Surf.

Obviously it wont let you put the number plate in because it's an import, so you select the make and model ect. When you come to the model you have several choices under the Hilux model:

Surf (4 Runner)
    Surf Diesel (Imp)
    Surf SSRG
    Surf SSRX
    Surf 4Runner
    Surf 4Runner Imp
    Surf 4Runner TD

Which one would I choose? The SSRX and SSSRG oddly dont have a 2.4, only 3.0l

And even more odd is when you choose 'Surf 4 Runner Imp' the 3.0l is much cheaper than the 2.4l. In fact it's over £500 more than the 3.0l for me.

Would they know which one if I phoned up armed with the reg plate?

Originally posted by Shaun M View Post
    Something really odd on the online quotation. The vehicle I was looking at was a 2.4 1993 Surf.

Obviously it wont let you put the number plate in because it's an import, so you select the make and model ect. When you come to the model you have several choices under the Hilux model:

Surf (4 Runner)
    Surf Diesel (Imp)
    Surf SSRG
    Surf SSRX
    Surf 4Runner
    Surf 4Runner Imp
    Surf 4Runner TD

Which one would I choose? The SSRX and SSSRG oddly dont have a 2.4, only 3.0l

And even more odd is when you choose 'Surf 4 Runner Imp' the 3.0l is much cheaper than the 2.4l. In fact it's over £500 more than the 3.0l for me.

Would they know which one if I phoned up armed with the reg plate?
    Surf Diesel (Imp)

Unless it's petrol...

Comment

If you chose that catergory you only get the 2.4 and not the 3.0, yet if you choose 'Surf SSRX you can only choose 3.0l but it's £300 cheaper than Surf Diesel (Imp).

Comment

Admiral haven't got a clue anyway, so just click what suits your truck and pocket.

Comment

It seems to me that their online database is wrong.

I cant see how a 3.0l can be much more CHEAPER then a 2.4. It needs to be much clearer in the drop down box.

I had a similar experience with an MR2 Import I used to have some time ago. Had to phone up and even when I did they didnt have the number plate on their database and they had to ask me what trim from the exact drown down box as the online version
          Last edited by Shaun M; 14 August 2011, 23:07.

Comment

Admiral also classify it as a commercial vehicle. - means no third party on other cars amongst other things.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Thats what i'm very keen on doing, may phone them tomorrow.

They have 'Surf 4Runner' shouldn't in the drop down box, it just be Surf. The 4Runner comes under the model drop down box. Also cant see anything for a Petrol Surf.

It really surprises me the vast price difference between the models!

Comment

Thats what i'm very keen on doing, may phone them tomorrow.

They have 'Surf 4Runner' shouldn't in the drop down box, it just be Surf. The 4Runner comes under the model drop down box. Also cant see anything for a Petrol Surf.

It really surprises me the vast price difference between the models!

Thats because they pluck prices out of thin air!

Go somewhere else for insurance, there's plenty out there that know what a Surf is.

Comment

Admiral also classify it as a commercial vehicle. - means no third party on other cars amongst other things.
                  On top of the page is says they dont insure commercial vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Thats because they pluck prices out of thin air!

Go somewhere else for insurance, there's plenty out there that know what a Surf is.
                    I have another car with Admiral, so was just going to swap them and sorn my other car untill sold. This way it's cheaper just paying the difference to keep my monthly payments the same.

Using a comparison website the quotes have been really high compared with Admiral

Thanks for you help though.

Comment

On top of the page is says they dont insure commercial vehicles.
                      They probably don't insure vehicles for commercial use... but they insure me, and classify my truck as a commercial vehicle (dispite about a week of me arguing about it). I assumed it was because they thought it was a pickup.

Interestingly enough a Landcruiser with teh same engine adn chassis is not classed as a commercial vehicle....
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Its because they haven't got a scooby do in the first place, and secondly because it starts Hilux it must be a pick up truck.

Had all this when I bought my first Surf, as soon as you say HiluxSurf they hear the Hilux part and start asking is it a double cab, are you a builder, are any tools left in the veh.

As already said just stick with Adrian Flux or the like, at least you know its been insured correctly as the right vehicle.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

I have been a bit weary of Adrian Flux because for me they are very expensive, I was quoted £1200 for a 1.2 Corsa when I just passed my test, but Admiral it came to £800

A quote from Adrian Flux which for me is a staggering £4000. That is just me on myself, no other named drivers. Passed my test in November last year, 28 years old now.

With Admiral it's £1500 for a 2.4 and £1185 for a 3.0L. (with a female named driver of over 15 years driving) Phoned them up and had a discussion, the main reason why the 2.4 is more expensive because of the popularity and the amount of accidents I was told.

So even if I named a female driver with me on a Flux quote it would still be far more expensive....oh well.

Makes you feel sorry for young drivers. A lot of them seem to be putting of learning to drive until they are a lot older.

My motorcycle insurance is just £60 a year.
                          Last edited by Shaun M; 16 August 2011, 10:54.

Comment

A quote from Adrian Flux which for me is a staggering £4000. That is just me on myself, no other named drivers. Passed my test in November last year, 28 years old now.
                            My best quote ever was £14,000 p/a for a Lotus Esprit when I was about 24. Not bad for a car worth about £12k.

And no, I didn't accept it!

Comment

Working...
                            X