yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's one way to wake yourself up on a weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's one way to wake yourself up on a weekend!

The other half leaves for work quite early... - she is a store manager for a jewlery store about an hour away.... so I'm usually happily asleep when she leaves...

Unfortunately she came back into the bedroom this morning saying "Morning Charlie I have made you a cup of tea".

This immediately set alarm bells ringing as clearly she wanted something, and thought I wasn't going to like it... Last time she was this nice to me she'd smacked one of the M3's wheels into a width restrictor....

Anyway, cut a long story short, our driveway is half a mile long, and right at the bottom a tree had fallen over blocking it completely, there is a foot path that I can get out with the truck in an emergency of the driveway is blocked, but I needed that for later (to collect the afore mentioned wheels from the refurb place) so she couldn’t take that so I spent the best part of an hour and a half sawing this tree into moveable chunks and clearing them away.... The builder had destroyed every single one of our chainsaws so I had to do it the old fashioned way... I'm shattered!

Either way I feel surprisingly good for it... better than any Gym session (or so I hear, I am yet to step foot in one) I feel like I have done something useful!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Wow, Charlie!.....You've got a driveway half a mile long!?!?......Bl00dy hell!...My garage is down at the side of the house, and the up and over door is all the way up to the public footpath. It's at a slight angle to the path, so my"driveway" is ten inches long on one side and four inches long on the other!.....Wanna swap?..........Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I've not done anything like that today...yet. Woodchopping when I get home like, till then, I'm about 2/3 way through, putting 500 cubic metres of digested sludge through a dewatering centrifuge, and making cake for land...and imwriting this from the comfort of a manitou telehandler...dies stink a bit though!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I've not done anything like that today...yet. Woodchopping when I get home like, till then, I'm about 2/3 way through, putting 500 cubic metres of digested sludge through a dewatering centrifuge, and making cake for land...and imwriting this from the comfort of a manitou telehandler...dies stink a bit though!
        Graham.....I love it when you talk dirty!............

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Graham.....I love it when you talk dirty!............
          OO err missus..
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Driveway.....we used to dream of having a driveway...we had to make do with a kerb..and there was ten of us...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
              Driveway.....we used to dream of having a driveway...we had to make do with a kerb..and there was ten of us...
              Kerbs,.....Don't talk to me about kerbs.....'t' mill owner used to charge us sixpence 'apeny to look thruogh't 'oles in our cardboard box, at 'is kerb!......

Comment

Just how many chainsaws do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Just how many chainsaws do you need?
                  One more by the sound of things...
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    One more by the sound of things...
                    Beat me too it!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                      Kerbs,.....Don't talk to me about kerbs.....'t' mill owner used to charge us sixpence 'apeny to look thruogh't 'oles in our cardboard box, at 'is kerb!......
                      Whats a " sixpence "

Comment

Working...
                      X