No announcement yet.

hilux...............surf?? new to this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux...............surf?? new to this.

Hi All,
    I'm new to this. So can anyone explain differences and what to look for. I did find some info back in May when I first started tooking into Toyotas, but can't remember where I saw it. I can't find it now.
    Cheers,

Jim

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/info/faq.htm
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Welcome Jim. Enjoy the forum....Cheers....Mick.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Darksiding a newbie?!
        Times must be hard...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Darksiding a newbie?!
          Times must be hard...
          Don't worry John. It's just a link to the FAQ's on the old HILUX SURFING site; It doesn't lead directly into the "Lions den"...........Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
            Don't worry John. It's just a link to the FAQ's on the old HILUX SURFING site; It doesn't lead directly into the "Lions den"...........Cheers....Mick.
            Oh I see! Must check links before commenting...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks guys,

Got that link already.
              But can anyone tell me about BHP, torque, fuel consumption, and co2 levels?
              What tax disc has to be paid out?

Cheers,

Jim

Comment

Basically not too much info available. Haven't a clue on BHP & torque but tax is £205 if it's a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen built before 2001. There's no CO2 info available on any vehicle built before 2001, so ignore it.

Fuel consumption can vary depending on which engine and year. V6 Petrol models you'll need to own a petrol station. 2nd Gen diesels you can expect anywhere from high teens to mid 20's, depending on your journey and driving style. 3rd gen diesels can be mid to high 20's. Some even suggest low 30's. 1st & 2nd gen diesels can be set to run on veg oil but you need to make sure the fuel pump has the newer type seals before you do, otherwise you can get quite bad fuel leaks.
                Last edited by Tallyman; 15 August 2011, 18:56.
                Mike G

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X