Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying advice, and bad dealer reviews

Hey all.

I am looking to buy myself another 4runner, as my last one got written off! But there are very few (i can only find less than 5) advertised. One that caught my eye is this one on autotrader:
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...true?logcode=p

Im very much tempted to go for it, as my courtesy car has to go back by Monday and i am stuffed for transport after that. But then my mum emails me this link:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews263289.html

hmm, they sound like a really dodgy place. Only a handful of reviews though.

But surely a 4runner with low milage like that is unlikely to have any engine trouble on the way home, is it? We all know they are very well built cars!

I would go and inspect it before buying, but I live in Brighton and I was intending on flying up there (cheaper than driving!) this Sunday and driving it back home that night. As its untaxed aswell. The only way i can do this is to phone up and put a deposit down on the car, and ask them to put tax on it for me.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    S

Why a 4Runner?
    They're generally rust buckets.

Comment

Well I'd be very wary... it will not sell that easily, nobodies buying gas guzzlers

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I would say after reading the review, then don't touch it!!!

Comment

Wouldn't touch with somebody elses barge pole.

There are tons of Surfs around. Walk away and buy a decent one instead.

Comment

ah looks like its been sold.

The reason why im avoiding surfs is because as im only 21 and have 1 years no claims (been driving for 5, named driver though) the insurance is waaaay too much because its an import. Plus im after a manual 3.0 and i havn't really come across many of those!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
              http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...m-reg/85186969

dunno nothing about it but its a 3 ltr manual
              That actually looks pretty nice! I like it...
              It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

He says 104000 miles but its a kmh speedo so 104000kms - hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
                  ah looks like its been sold.

The reason why im avoiding surfs is because as im only 21 and have 1 years no claims (been driving for 5, named driver though) the insurance is waaaay too much because its an import. Plus im after a manual 3.0 and i havn't really come across many of those!
                  I have a 3.0 manual but it is a Surf

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
                  He says 104000 miles but its a kmh speedo so 104000kms - hard to believe.
                  4Runners are UK spec so speedo will be in MPH as is shown under the trip meter, also main figures go up in scale as miles not KM's

Comment

Working...
                  X