Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone I've joined the Surf "club". Bought a 1994 SSR-X 3.0 litre a few days back - really pleased with it so far, which is very prematurely said as I've not been able to drive it any where as Road Tax and insurance still need to be sorted. I been looking for a surf for a couple of months now and finally found this one at a decent price in decent condition with ~95k miles (~150km) on the clock. The back side bumpers need replacing/work as they've got big rust holes but other than that it's solid with a tiny bit of rust-rot at the bottom of the drivers door.

NFU Mutual have given me the best quote so far: £240 which is pretty good I thought as I'm 32 and only got my car license back in 09 (no points). Though I do live on the Isle of Man, over here if someone puts a brick through a window it makes the front page! Some places in the UK have been quoting me well over a grand for insurance.

I'm hoping to use biodiesel in it, though I understand the MPG won't be as good as regular diesel - Fuel tends to be around 2 to 5 pence more expensive over here than the mainland.

Anyway itching to get driving it but gotta wait till next week when I can get the road tax sorted

Hello Hugo. Welcome to the forum. Your post slipped down to page two, so I think you may have been overlooked. Join in the fun and enjoy the forum.....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello welcome
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi, hi, hi....welcome.
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Welcome aboard

What a nice place to own a Surf. Hope you enjoy it
          Now it's time to play!

Comment