• Show
Clear All

• @ Bushwhacker

Seen this Vince,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-TOYO...item2a1306918b

Could be interesting.
    Still on a mission.

Good find!
    That will sell for around £300 easily, it still has five days to go. Not a very tidy set-up though, the 'custom' intake adapter plate isn't very attractive, and those two 'wings' need chopping off the top.

The M112 is a big supercharger, good for up to 600ish bhp, but you'll need an after market ECU such as Megasquirt or Adaptronic and bigger injectors to get the best out of it.
    I'm going for the M90, it's smaller, readily available (Jaguar breakers), can add up to 50bhp and can be set-up to work with the factory ECU and injectors .

http://www.lextreme.com/m112.html
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 August 2011, 19:32.

Comment

Bearing in mind the compression ratio of the 1uz-fe engine is 10.0 you may find the most you can run a blower at would be around 5 - 6 psi, so a lot of money and work for not much increase in power, most turbo or blower powered engines have reduced compression ratio allowing a greater amount of pressure to be used with a greater increase in engine power, the later 1uz-fe engines use lighter piston rods so will not take the pressure of the earlier cast ones.

Comment

My Grandma already knows how to suck eggs, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Sucking eggs and fitting blowers/turbos are two different things, I posted to try to explain that fitting a blower is not just a fit and go exersize and that it does not mean that huge power gains are to be had on an engine that has a high compression ratio as the norm, there is only so much pressure the bottom end can take even on an over engineered engine.

Comment

Working...
          X