Newbie Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Hello

I do not as yet own a 4x4. I retire soon and want a big boy's toy. Cos I'm too old to be revving the n*ts of another boring saloon.
    I have been looking at the 300 TDi Disco- The Shogun/Exceed-and the Surf.

The Surf is taking the lead by virtue of reliability. You guy's run a great forum and "Sell" the marque very well.
    How do you guy's rate "Algy's Auto's"? This is the route I was thinking of going.

Hi and welcome

algy autos or algys auto even algys autos depends on how you say it, well all I can say is take a look a here at this thread about algy autos or algys auto even algys autos

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70057
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hello welcome
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Given the poor service dealt out recently by algy autos or algys auto even algys autos or perhaps algy's autos, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Welcome to the forum
          As for Algy's autos - Not a lot of people like them at the moment
          I bought mine recently in the UK and it'a already taken me to the south of Spain and back and a trip to Scotland and back shortly after, without a single hitch, and still returned 400 miles per tank driven easy and fully laden.

I hope you go for the Surf. There are plenty of decent ones to be had in the UK. Good luck!!
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

thanks for the welcome

You've given me something to thik about re Algy's. It will be a few months before I get to the buying stage so I'll keep learning from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Owd Bob View Post
              You've given me something to thik about re Algy's. It will be a few months before I get to the buying stage so I'll keep learning from you guys.
              Algys brings a phrase to mind about someone elses barge pole!

Welcome to the forum!

Before I bought my Surf a couple of years or so ago I went through a similar thought process of considering the options you suggest along with one or two others and I'm absolutely certain I made the correct decision in plumping for a Surf.

Good luck with the vehicle search!

Comment

Welcome Bob. Take your time and find a good one.....Cheers....Mick.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  Welcome Bob. Take your time and find a good one.....Cheers....Mick.
                  Yeah that..... Welcome.

Algys autos or Algy auto or Algy autos.... I would not go there. Why not keep an eye on the FOR SALE section on this forum. Most of the trucks on there will come with history from the forum.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X