Amps! amps! pah!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amps! amps! pah!!!

After all that effing about the amp dosen't work, finally got all the "ICE" wired in today, gingerly stuck the fuse in the main amp power lead and ----------- nothin nowt sodall, teach me to buy cheap chinese tellys from Germans and amps from scumbag dodgy boy racers,
    wishbone went to a lot of trouble with wiring help for me and i appoligise to him, wiring it all up the way he showed me i found the manual volume button on the tv actually changes the tv mode (from radio to tv) and didn't controll the volume on the Blaupunkt head unit,(and nowt from the amp) so i decided to wire em in speratly, so i now have four front speakers and four back, tv works fine, but the amp's no good, so i've ordered some speaker wire and wire the head unit up standard and get rid of the amp,
    spos i'm lucky the soddin thing didn't catch fire
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

what was it a 4channel amp??? i have one here if you want....

http://www.audison.it

with it here i am only tempted to spend more money on speakers for the truck...

Comment

Before you bin it have you checked you're getting 12v on the remote lead at the amp end ? It's not unheard of for the head units remote output to fail.

(I usually put a little piece of wire from the +12v on the amp to the remote connection to quickly test)

Strange about the volume thing - how would you use the unit through an amp if it can't fade the pre-outs ?

Comment

Thanks Bob but i've just about had enough of it, seemed to have spent a small fortune on bit's and pieces so as the two units work fine (apart from the manual volume on the tv) with speakers wire as standard i'll just do it that way,

i did think about putting a live onto the amp remote Rob and will try it today, before i stuck the maine 30 amp fuse in i wired a pc type cooling fan onto the remote and it worked, but thinking perhaps it was too much for it and buggered it, the actual wire was bonded in with the adio extension leads i bought (if you know what i mean) small thin wire stuck to the two audio leads, it's very thin, anyway i'll stick a wire across from the amp pos to the remote and see what happens,

regarding the telly volume, i dunno mate, it's got a manual volume (up & down) on the side but when ya press it the mode changes??? onlt way to adjust the volume is by the touch screen +&-, not a real prob as i'm not trying to controll the blaupunkt unit through it,
        had a fiddle with the head unit and changed the screen color etc very neat unit, i've a 90 odd page print out to plow through to find out all the stuff it can do
        (cant seem to get the front panel off tho, dont want to pull to hard in case i feck it up) i'll read the instruction through before i try again,

Comment

Ian, if you are desperate, send it up to me and I'll see if I can sort it.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Ian, if you are desperate, send it up to me and I'll see if I can sort it.
            Thanks Andy but i dont think it's worth the postage, i should have got some idea by just looking at it, looked like it was removed from it's previous car with a crow bar, my fault, although i'd like to launch it through the windscreen of the c##t that flogged it to me, trouble is i forgotten what he looks like, a mate of the chavs across the road, perhaps i'll launch it through one of their cars and tell em to pass it on

Comment

IT WORKS! i take it all back, great sound and what a nice lad i bought it from
              (and what a two faced bstd i am)
              bridged the amp main power to the remote terminal and almost shat when the sound came on, i had the volume up a bit as the front speakers were working and so i could hear if the rear ones come on, thet certainly did, very good sound, i just have to fiddle with the amp controls (got an "install dockor" printed out for that,) and then learn how to adjust stuff on the head,

so it was the remote cable Rob, well done mate, instead of messing with the head end of things i'm gonna run an ign live to the remote via a small switch by the head unit, that way i can power the cooling fan as well,

thanks again for all the help and advice, really glad it works after all the work i did fitting it,
              cheer's all

Comment

Ian

The Small thin wire that is bonded to the RCA leads is the remote turn on for the amps, please be carefull when sending anything a signal down that one. it should only realy carry a small current, just enough to tell the amps to turn on.

Sorry i did not see this thread earier as i would more than likely been able to say what was wrong before now.

As i did something similar a few years ago....
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

at least your sorted ian, i have my amps on a swith beside fog lights and idle up switch, makes it easier for when i am working on the truck and i want radio without killing the trucks batteries...

Comment

Good news!

Comment

It was me that stuffed the signal lead then, i did hook up a pc fan to it and it worked but the amp main fuse wasn't fitted then, anyway guys it's no problem, i'll just have to switch the amp on manually and as Bob said, it's handy for when your working in the truck and dont need the amp on, just glad it works and i've not done any major damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X