toyota fortuner??????but i like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyota fortuner??????but i like it

seen this,i think its sweet,bit small but think it would off road better than a surf?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2807125295...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Not going to rest till its broke

I quite like the look of that myself, bit out of my price range though.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Engine is the D4D with known injector issues:

1KD-FTV

First appearing in 2000, the 1KD-FTV is one of the newest engines built by Toyota.
      The 1KD-FTV is a 3.0L (2982cc) straight-4 common rail diesel engine with a variable geometry turbocharger and Intercooler. It has 16 valves and a DOHC (double overhead camshaft) design. Bore is 96 mm and stroke is 103 mm. It generates 170 hp (125 kW) at 3400 rpm, and 260 lbf·ft (352 N·m) of torque at 1800-3400 rpm. Redline of this engine is at 4200 RPM. Compression ratio is 17.9:1.
      This engine uses Toyota's D-4D Common Rail fuel injection technology operating at ultra high pressures of up to 135 mpa (1350 bar or about 19,580psig) which is about 8 times more than the pressure of conventional fuel injection systems within a "common rail" that feeds the injectors on all four cylinders (older diesel engines have a separate line leading from the injection pump to each injector). This is combined with a 32-bit ECU which controls fuel quantity, valve-timing, and boost pressure at different engine parameters resulting in best fuel economy and also full utilization of power during acceleration. Pilot injection is also utilized by the common rail fuel system to smooth engine operation. Small amounts of fuel are introduced into the combustion chamber prior to the main injection event, reducing lag time and promoting more continuous and complete combustion. Exterior and interior engine noise is also reduced.
      The 1KD engine produces 17% more power with 11% less fuel consumption than its predecessor, the 1KZ engine.
      This engine was first used in Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 3rd Generation Hilux Surf and now used in the Toyota Fortuner, Hiace and Toyota Hilux.
      It presents a big issue with the injectors which is still pending to be solved. In Spain, they change the injectors within the first 7 seven years after buy, but still no solution is provided by the manufacturer.
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Is that not very similar to a 4th gen 4Runner?
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          Is that not very similar to a 4th gen 4Runner?
          Similar, but not the same. I think they are a little smaller. I spent ages in Bangkok trying to work out which was which. Not the man and lady thing, the 4runner and Fortuner thing.

Comment

The problem with common fail injection systems is not unique to one manufacturer, gone are the days of getting any back street mechanic to recon or swap injectors for you.
            With some new vehicles the injectors have to be coded into the ecu, this involves programming the code printed on each injector into the ecu, that's assuming that you have access to the equipment at the main dealers (or pay them to do it).

That is why I like old IDI engines. Less to worry about. More robust.
            It makes me laugh that we are lead to believe that you can off road a modern 4x4 (insert brand and model here!) with all these electronic in harsh environments.
            Imagine your engine going into limp home mode after a wade through a ford!
            It is my opinion that almost all new cars are an exercise in polishing turds.
            Long live 1st and 2nd gens
            l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
              Engine is the D4D with known injector issues:
              I'vre just rebuilt one in a 55 reg Land Cruiser.

Its still a nice motor, every motor in the world has 'an issue' about something, and Toyota are replacing motors FOC for most peopole that have an injector related engine failure.

The problem is the copper washer under the injector leaking, it needs to be replaced with a alloy one, its far less hassle than changing a head on a Surf!

But destroys the motor if left leaking.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

too clean and those rims
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

looks like a lexus 4x4 half breed, imho ugly
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Working...
                  X