H & S gone mad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & S gone mad....

Got this via email from our main office H&S department...

"As the car parking at the Cheltenham office is of a limited and tight nature, control over vehicle movements is vital.
    Vehicles parked in the underground car park are to be reversed into the car parking space.
    Additional vehicles should be reversed down the car park ramp to be parked on the ramp.
    If this is not possible any vehicle reversing off the ramp onto the main road is to have a banksman in attendance."

The banksman course lasts a day and no one here has done it, so if i try to reverse up the drive and out onto the road
    with out phoning for a banksman to come over and watch me, i'll get me nuts chewed off.......
    If i forget and drive down the ramp and no one else turns up for work, untill a qualified banksman is sent over to watch
    me out of the drive onto the road i can't go home...... what a load of pooh......

Next thing you know i won't be able to tuck me trousers in me socks and walk about without me shoes on..... like what i is doing now.....
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Why don't you reverse in?

Comment

When I first started this job, two office H&S persons, who were having a big willy competition, kept issuing stupid edicts. The upshot was, that lobe workers(ie a breakdown at night), were required to call in every hour...except that the other bloke had banned phones on site, the week before. They are a lair of snivelling shits. There only interest is in making stupid rules( no more), generating piles of paperwork, and trying to be sycophantic, in the extreme, towards me. Wnakers.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        Why don't you reverse in?
        If you reverse down the drive you then have to get out walk round and dangle yer fob over the gate opening thingy..... i just get there early and drive down and swing round in the carpark itself... truck just about fits if i stay clear of the cable trays hanging from the cieling and remember to miss concrete pillars....
        They'll probly say reversing down the drive is also dangerous and insist a banksman is present for that....... twots with nothing better to do....

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
          If you reverse down the drive you then have to get out walk round and dangle yer fob over the gate opening thingy..... i just get there early and drive down and swing round in the carpark itself... truck just about fits if i stay clear of the cable trays hanging from the cieling and remember to miss concrete pillars....
          They'll probly say reversing down the drive is also dangerous and insist a banksman is present for that....... twots with nothing better to do....
          I'm just joshing. H&S is often a joke.

On the other hand I can see the rationale from the company's point of view that backing onto a road into traffic without a banksman is likely to lead to some tasty insurance claims if an accident happens. Whereas they probably don't care so much about a truck backing into a pillar...

I blame the lawyers.

Comment

Especially lawyers.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Think they are more worried about us reversing over some posh totty from the Cheltenham Ladies College, who's daddy is a billionaire drug smuggler or rockstar (think madonna's sprog goes there) as they meander up the footpath twittering and farcebooking rather than watching where they tread.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                Think they are more worried about us reversing over some posh totty from the Cheltenham Ladies College, who's daddy is a billionaire drug smuggler or rockstar (think madonna's sprog goes there) as they meander up the footpath twittering and farcebooking rather than watching where they tread.......
                Exactly - those claims get big - especially if said young lady had a promising career as a drug mule ahead of her.
                Anyway, mind you don't run my sister over. She'll be the one that you can't see with the listening gear on ...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                  Exactly - those claims get big - especially if said young lady had a promising career as a drug mule ahead of her.
                  Anyway, mind you don't run my sister over. She'll be the one that you can't see with the listening gear on ...
                  "Listening gear on" ???? does that mean she works at the top secret goverment listening post thats designed to look like a giant target from the air ??????

Comment

Mmmm... concrete dohhhhhnut...
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

One of my collegues was on site doing some consultancy (of the IT type) at a council and saw one of the civil servants methodicly going around everyone in the office, with high vis jacket and clip board, training people how to sit at their desks.
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                        One of my collegues was on site doing some consultancy (of the IT type) at a council and saw one of the civil servants methodicly going around everyone in the office, with high vis jacket and clip board, training people how to sit at their desks.
                        I started work with a global company 6 weeks ago and had to undergo an "Ergonomic Examination" to make sure i was sitting properly. I've managed to sit on my own for the last 40 odd years mind.

It's not to do with H&S going mad, from what I've been finding out It's all designed to stop desk jockeys sueing the company when their knees/back/wrist stop working correctly from all those years of not being told how to sit properly.

It's a "find someone else to blame and make them pay for my mistake" culture we live in today.
                        If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Nothing new here.

During my time within the MOD, I was taught how to sit, my office lighting was changed so it didn't reflect off anything, I was air conditioned, taught how to lift a box, taught where to put the box (NEVER, but NEVER above shoulder height, lest it fall), taught how to carry a coffee cup - and that things cooked in a microwave might be hot and many many more joyful things designed to keep me safe.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

We have a regular drug test.

Every Friday, I like the MDMA best
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                            X