MPG Estimate Gatwick - Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to do with aerodynamics then?

Anyway, even if Wikipedia says it works on a racing bike; there's a whole world of difference between a 2 tonne truck and a wee, slippery, bike.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

About the racing bikes....FACT!! That came off a website that deals with race bike engineering.

On a 2 ton truck with the aero of concrete bunker.....Unlikely...Probably

Although having said that.....

When you're driving along with the tailgate window open, why do exhaust fumes get dragged into the cabin? Does it have anything to do with the internal and external pressure diferentials creating a partial vacuum at the back of the truck?
      Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
        About the racing bikes....FACT!! That came off a website that deals with race bike engineering.
        Link.

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
        When you're driving along with the tailgate window open, why do exhaust fumes get dragged into the cabin? Does it have anything to do with the internal and external pressure diferentials creating a partial vacuum at the back of the truck?
        No.

Comment

The airflow is disturbed as exits the rear of the truck because it's more or less vertical. Coupled with the high ground clearance, the swirling airflow 'sucks' the exhaust fumes against the back of the truck at speed, open the window and the fumes 'fall' in.
          If you open the sunroof as well, the fumes are kept out.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Link.

No.
            Linky: http://mototuneusa.com/power_news_--...horsepower.htm

Scroll down till you're nearly at the bottom and you get to...The Exhaust Pipe Trick.

ETA: I'll try the sunroof open trick. It would just be nice to have the rear window open for the dogs in hot weather whilst moving along without us all choking to death.
            Last edited by ROMEROTECH; 30 July 2011, 01:50.
            Now it's time to play!

Comment

That's just a lot of words. Where's the proof it works, before and after track times and the likes?

Comment

Well it's there to read, you can believe it or not. It's too early/late for me to even give a shite
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

That's little more than a blog. It's not a technical paper.

Maybe your friends on your Subaru forums will believe everything you say, but us cynical old blokes on here need proof, proper scientific proof. Otherwise, we'll think you're talking shite...

Comment

Yep, That's one way of looking at it.
                    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Hi Guys Ross and I had a great day his Surfs running well on the veggie reserves. We raised over £490.00s for www.kirstyskids.org

Ross thanks for carrying a sponsorship pail for me up and down.

Keep in touch and a safe trip back down the road Ross in the middle of picture guess which one I am Eeore made it too.

Cheers H
                      Attached Files
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

You look like you have had a shave john

Good result on the collection, and congratulations. Nice to see a smile on your face.

good luck

Graham
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          You look like you have had a shave john

Good result on the collection, and congratulations. Nice to see a smile on your face.

good luck

Graham

Cheers Graham look forward to saying hi on my way through Inverness during the Challenge ride wont be long 12pm on 12th Aug going North then down the east the website www.kirstyskids.org should give you an idea where i am at or lilkely to be 07717183159 cheere John
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                          X