• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank god for adrian flux...

It's renewal time! Cheapest so far...

Performance Direct - £3772
    Quinn - £2995
    Sureterm - Hung up on me when I told them my age!

...Adrian Flux - £1280. Not exactly cheap, but I can't help but think that if they ever go out of business, they'll be taking my truck with them.

Originally posted by leighh View Post

Quinn - £2995

...Adrian Flux - £1280. Not exactly cheap, but I can't help but think that if they ever go out of business, they'll be taking my truck with them.
    Flippin' 'eck! How young are you?!

Comment

23, licence for 5 years, 3 years NCB, never had a claim, no points. Beans on toast for a while it seems.

Comment

I thought Dick Turpin was long gone and dead! That is highway robbery. If it were a high performance vehicle maybe, but a slow plodding 4 x 4 no ways! Have you got a Thatcham cat 1 alarm system on the vehicle as that drops the premium quite a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
          I thought Dick Turpin was long gone and dead! That is highway robbery. If it were a high performance vehicle maybe, but a slow plodding 4 x 4 no ways! Have you got a Thatcham cat 1 alarm system on the vehicle as that drops the premium quite a bit?
          No, it doesn't have one unfortunately. I should probably get one fitted, but the amount I'd save off the insurance isn't as much as it would cost me - and with an insurance bill like that I don't really have the money to spare!

Comment

Rice with tomato sauce is cheaper than beans on toast.
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Oh and if that insurance quote from flux was their first offer, then ring back and haggle .
              When i first got my current surf they quoted over 600, I told them that was rubbish and argued with them so they knocked it down to just over 300.
              Now I've just renewed mine with them with myself and the wife on the policy for 225

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post

Quinn - £2995

flipping heck (note the restrained explietive) if thats for a Surf I dread to think what it would be for a soarer especially a twin turbo let alone a V8.

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                  Oh and if that insurance quote from flux was their first offer, then ring back and haggle .
                  When i first got my current surf they quoted over 600, I told them that was rubbish and argued with them so they knocked it down to just over 300.
                  Now I've just renewed mine with them with myself and the wife on the policy for 225
                  Good advice. Got adrian flux down to £950... reckon I owe you one!

Comment

No worries mate. Never take an insurance companies first quote.
                    They play on the fact that most people will be nieve and accept straight away , but they actually have a lot of room for bargaining to get your business.
                    As you've now seen they've just knocked another £300+ of their first quote

Glad I helped you out
                    Animal

Comment

Have you tried Noel Dazely? I've just turned 26 and last year it was £290 fully comp with limited mileage (I don't normally drive to work). I left Adrian flux after a few years because a) they're call centres cumilative IQ is less than my cats and b) they kept raising the prices. It was around £400 (can't remember exactly). Before that I was with Virgin for my 2.4 which was around the £800 mark but I was 22 ish. When I got my 3.0 Virgin would no longer insure me as the 3.0 is a "high-risk import" apparently.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

LOL, its so who you talk to at these places.

Our Fully comp insurance when down £20 from last year to £240 at Flux' when renewed last week, without any proding or haggling.

Never had any trouble on the phone to them, all been easy.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Blimy, I was winging about Sureteam putting my insurance up by over £100 its now just over £300 Adrian flux wanted over £600!

It never rains but it poors
                          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

As an addendum to this, I finally paid for my insurance today and having phoned them now a fair few times I've got to say that I've only ever had good experiences with their call centre staff. It's just a shame I have to pay them . Although I did ask, hypothetically, how much extra I'd have to pay if I want to lift and fit 33s... to which they said nothing . Looks like I'm going to be lifting it soon then!

Comment

Well done getting the premium down!!

Been with flux a number of years but this year premium went from around £240 to £280. He gave me some bollox about not applying admin costs last year...bla bla bla

went on confused £190, went back to flux (just saves hassle changing) and they matched it...happy days....what I dont get is that I expected a different under writer but it all stayed exactly the same so have this week paid the premium

Same storey with buildings and contents, holiday insurance, RAC, Sky, etc....every fecker out there is out to grab as much from you as they think they can get away with.

Like most people I have took a pay cut this year how can these outfits, without exception almost, raise premiums by 20% +

Comment

Working...
                              X