No announcement yet.

RIP Amy Winehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't knock her for her music but it was only a matter of time before she went.

Still sad though.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Not me.
      Injection for life against SuBo.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

It has always annoyed me how much flack she got from everyone. So many famous artists in the past have been in the same state as her (if not worse) in terms of drug and alcohol abuse i.e Eric Clapton, Axl Rose, Anthony Kiedis, Ozzy, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Cash etc, the difference with Amy is she was either not strong enough or did not have the right people around her to help her get through it. Almost everyone I know loved 'Back to Black', until they realised that what she was singing about was all true.

She will be sorely missed, hopefully now people will start to appreciate how talented she was.

Comment

Life is too short, and i for one completely understand that.

Her life could have been very different with all she had created, but it would seem she was pretty much hell bent on killing herself slowly come what may.

She's been abusing herself for a long time so it's not like it wasn't on the cards. We've seen it all before because she's not the only one that's found fame and fortune and thrown consequence out the window.

If she didn't value her own life, why should anyone else?

My sympathies go out to her family.
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

I'm sure her Dad, would be glad to know, that just as his daughter died, you feel it pertinent to slag her...shame on you.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              I'm sure her Dad, would be glad to know, that just as his daughter died, you feel it pertinent to slag her...shame on you.
              But she's famous. Famous people don't warrant the sort of common courtesy or respect afforded to normal people remember...

Comment

Morning Henry.
                And you're Absolutly correct. Pity her parent(s) are not famous, then it wouldn't matter!
                As far as I can tell, I'm supposed to bury my parents, when they go...I would hate to have to bury one of my children...i'm sure, it would tilt my world forever.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

what a waste

whens she was on form i loved the music but sadly most of the time she was off her face.

they shoot drug dealers in thailand or leave them to rot in a real jail. how many lives have been lost to that fairy dust

Comment

It's sad to see someone genuinely talented dying so young. Amy Winehouse was a refreshing celebrity these days - someone who was actually famous because they were good at something rather than just "going to the right parties".

From what I've read about her latest album, which was due for release later this year, it could've (may still be?) a bit of a corker. That would be a fitting epitaph for her.

The thing I found interesting was something that I heard on the news the other day (so decide for yourself whether its true or not). Apparently there was several hundred thousand tweets about the news of her death within a couple of hours. All day on Friday there was a tiny fraction of that many tweets made about the events in Norway.

My condolences to Amy Winehouse's friends and relatives, and to everyone affected by the tragedy on Friday in Norway.

Comment

Sad for her family.

After that concert in Serbia, I wouldn't be surprised if she suicided or deliberately ODed.

Sad to see all that talent do to waste.

Comment

its more than fekin sad
                          i been directly afected by smack
                          i lost friends to the shiet
                          any one who says ya on drugs so you deserve it is talking boolicks

drugs grab hold like a fekin python and never let go
                          some people are weeker and turn to drugs has a cry for help

the rest is down to people around them

never dissown your own no matter what they are on
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                            It's sad to see someone genuinely talented dying so young. Amy Winehouse was a refreshing celebrity these days - someone who was actually famous because they were good at something rather than just "going to the right parties".

From what I've read about her latest album, which was due for release later this year, it could've (may still be?) a bit of a corker. That would be a fitting epitaph for her.

The thing I found interesting was something that I heard on the news the other day (so decide for yourself whether its true or not). Apparently there was several hundred thousand tweets about the news of her death within a couple of hours. All day on Friday there was a tiny fraction of that many tweets made about the events in Norway.

My condolences to Amy Winehouse's friends and relatives, and to everyone affected by the tragedy on Friday in Norway.

Totally agree with the last part mate. The majority of those killed on Friday were children who had there whole lives to look forward to . Then some sicko took it upon himself to end it for then .

May they all RIP!
                            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

So very sad, another young life so needlessly wasted.

Dont be so quick to condem her, but for the grace of

god go you or i.
                              Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
                                It has always annoyed me how much flack she got from everyone. So many famous artists in the past have been in the same state as her (if not worse) in terms of drug and alcohol abuse i.e Eric Clapton, Axl Rose, Anthony Kiedis, Ozzy, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Cash etc, the difference with Amy is she was either not strong enough or did not have the right people around her to help her get through it. Almost everyone I know loved 'Back to Black', until they realised that what she was singing about was all true.

She will be sorely missed, hopefully now people will start to appreciate how talented she was.
                                And for that matter (and just to be really pretentious) much of our greatest classic literature and art was made by people with a tendency to partake of a variety of substances, Samuel Taylor Coleridge being one obvious choice of many.

Comment

Working...
                                X