left hand drive WAnted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left hand drive WAnted

hi,I am looking to buy a HILUX SURF.I have a maximum budget of £1000.
    this is a list of what i need in order of priority.
    LEFT Hand drive
    automatic
    2.4 turbo diesel
    tow bar
    front winch bumper
    2" lift
    interesting fancy paintwork
    spotlights.
    nice stereo system with cassette cd mp3 etc.
    I am not bothered about dents ,dings ,rust or MOT,tax (except to get it home to luton).

surfs dont come in left hand drive only right hand drive
    the closest you'll get is a 4runner from a country that drives on the opposite side of the road.

Comment

And a winch bumper, will be approx£500 by itself. Good luck searching though.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If you find that spec and walk away cause it's RHD, gimme a shout, sounds like a bargain.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

left hand drive surf/4runner

ok, i know my list of thing of priority turns into fantasy...but it is a list of priority,just a left hand drive with a decent engine and gearbox will do!

Comment

finding a left hooker 4 runner in the uk.

iv'e been in the land of left hookers for nearly ten years and ive only seen 1 lefty 4 runner.

maybe theres a few more in germany/france etc but there's next to none in holland.

best of luck.

Comment

A left hand drive 4 Runner over here will set you back about 4-6,000€.
              Thats why I have a right hand drive in France.

If you do find a LHD drive for 1k,let me know and I'll give you 2k the day after

Regards

Mark

Comment

I'd look to be importing a US 4Runner if you want LHD, but it won't be diesel.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Seen LHD 4Runners around here (US bases) but none are diesel.
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You might be looking towards Asia then for left hand drive. There seems to be a big following in countries like Thailand and there are plenty of diesel ones out there.

However, a £1K for a left hooker is pure cuckoo land!! I've driven my RHD Surf abroad and there are no issues driving it on the worng side of the road when you sit above all the traffic.

Get a RHD version that won't break down on you for £1500, then sell it for much more when you get to The Gambia!! No brainer!!

ETA: Fill yer boots!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2866250.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2870645.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2995845.htm (i'm tempted myself!!)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2995280.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2982223.htm

And there are many more around these prices on pistonheads!!
                    Last edited by ROMEROTECH; 22 July 2011, 19:46.
                    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                      finding a left hooker 4 runner in the uk.

iv'e been in the land of left hookers for nearly ten years and ive only seen 1 lefty 4 runner.

maybe theres a few more in germany/france etc but there's next to none in holland.

best of luck.

Yep, there's more chance of Yoshie being in a good mood than finding a LHD diesel Surf over here.

Comment

left hand drive surf/4runner

ok, I hear you guys,how about left hand bits to convert my current 2.4td rhd?

Comment

By the sounds of it things like Hens Teeth, Rocking Horse Droppings, Dodo Eggs and Flying Pigs would be easier to find than LHD Surf conversion.

There must be other 4x4's that are easy to find in LHD format e.g. Jeep. There's plenty of Americana around, cool looking day vans and other yank 4x4 capable pickups etc...

I understand why perhaps you want to leave Luton. I lived there for a very long time and i couldn't wait to leave the god forsaken flea ridden rubbish dump of a festering shitehole either.
                          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by gambiasurfgirl View Post
                            ok, I hear you guys,how about left hand bits to convert my current 2.4td rhd?
                            I was looking at doing that conversion a few months back. I did find a complete LHD dash for sale (on www.mobile.de) I think.
                            What put me off was the large amount of electrical work involved, on top of that you'll need the steering bits and pieces.
                            I went to Germany and bought a LHD pick up a month or so ago. I've just received all the British docs through. Cost 55 quid to stick it on UK plates.
                            It'll be driven back to Serbland next month.
                            Last edited by slobodan; 22 July 2011, 23:06.
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              I was looking at doing that conversion a few months back. I did find a complete LHD dash for sale (on www.mobile.de) I think.
                              What put me off was the large amount of electrical work involved, on top of that you'll need the steering bits and pieces.
                              I went to Germany and bought a LHD pick up a month or so ago. I've just received all the British docs through. Cost 55 quid to stick it on UK plates.
                              It'll be driven back to Serbland next month.
                              In addition to that the firewall is a different shape to carry such things as the servo,etc
                              I've looked at buying a doner LHD and dropping the body on to my chassis,but would it be easier to drop my mechanicles into the doner and scrap mine?? Either way,from what I've seen over here,I'd still need to give 1-1.5k for a reasonable LHD doner!

Stick with the RHD,it really is not a problem!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X