yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0 diesel exhaust only lasted 17 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 diesel exhaust only lasted 17 years!

Hi Guys,

Just spotted a small hole in the tail pipe of my 3.0 L diesel Surf, it's only been on the vehicle 17 years, what is the world coming to?
    Life is a predicament of matter.

Shabby, very shabby...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

My exhaust is currently held together with exhaust bandage & paste, several baked beans tins and an array of jubilee clips. As soon as I have sufficient funds to get it replaced I'll get a stainless steel system from a local Powerflow fitter/franchise/garage/however the system works. £350 plus VAT complete with lifetime guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by jacp View Post
        Hi Guys,

Just spotted a small hole in the tail pipe of my 3.0 L diesel Surf, it's only been on the vehicle 17 years, what is the world coming to?
        Hi John. How do you know it's the original?
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I used to live in Yokahama, where I bought it, half a lifetime ago, when I returned to the UK I had it shipped back.
          Unless the sailors on the ship changed it, it's the original.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Destroys your faith in humanity... shabby contruction

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Just had mine changed last week. Lasted 18 years. You must have had a dodgy one.

Fitted a stainless powerflow exhaust which they kindly poked out the side behind the wheel. Cost £396 inc. vat.

Now I have to keep the surf for another 18 years just to find out if its better than the original!

Comment

So you've owned it 17years. Wow.
                How much did it cost you to buy 17years ago
                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I used to live in Yokahama, where I bought it, half a lifetime ago, when I returned to the UK I had it shipped back.
                  Unless the sailors on the ship changed it, it's the original.
                  Fair enough, John. Not many Surfs around with that kind of ownership history........"I'll get me coat"...........Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Have to say, I was pretty surprised by this - I'd been lead to believe that the shaken (Japanese equivalent of an MOT) required major components to be replaced on a vehicle - partly as a way of stimulating the economy (spare parts, encouraging purchase of new vehicles) and partly as a way of ensuring vehicle/road safety.

According to wikipedia (not always the most reliable of sources, I know!) it seems that replacement parts are only required if tests are failed...

Comment

Hi Rustinho,

That as a resident Gaijin was what I found, major parts are only changed if required.
                      For the 3 years I lived there it was like driving through a new car showroom every day, not a rusty old banger to be seen, I can tell you it was quite a culture shock when I got back to the UK.
                      Managed to get the Surf brought back as part of my resettlement deal, wonderful vehicle wouldn't be without it.

Comment

Hi Animal,

No idea it was part of my 'go and work in Japan package', it was in the underground garage of my appartment (sorry shoebox) when I got there.
                        Have you tried getting into a Japanese bathtub when you are 6' 3" and the tub is 4'....not a pretty sight.

John

Comment

Working...
                        X