tyre presures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre presures

can any one tell wot the tyre presures are 4 a surf 1994 2.4 ssrx with 265/70-15 tyres are?
    The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Originally posted by biglift
    can any one tell wot the tyre presures are 4 a surf 1994 2.4 ssrx with 265/70-15 tyres are?
    Official pressure is 28psi, most of us run 33psi as it wears, handles, grips and feels a lot better.

Cheers

Comment

tyre presures

so i should run them at 33?
      thanks ill try that
      The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Originally posted by biglift
        so i should run them at 33?
        thanks ill try that
        Yep give them a try at 33, I run my 31s at that and ran my 265/70/15s at that before, tyre wear was pretty even (except the fronts but that was because i had a worn steering idler which I fixed before fitting the 31s.

Cheers

Comment

I run 31-32 in my BFG A/T's - seems to be the best for me, others go a bit higher and like that. We accidentally ran 40 for a while (thank you BP) and that wasnt too bad. Try a few out and see what you think...
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            I run 31-32 in my BFG A/T's - seems to be the best for me, others go a bit higher and like that. We accidentally ran 40 for a while (thank you BP) and that wasnt too bad. Try a few out and see what you think...
            I inflated my tyres in a garage last week. When I checked em with my pocket guage today they were at 38PSI. I had been driving on dry tarmac and noticed they were wearing a little in the middle.
            I took the truck to Supetyres in Luton today and had the full alignment job done. It feels like a different truck now. A guy recognised me and asked why I didn't take it to my bruvs. I told hime that he won't charge me and cos I'm not paying I would keep going to the back of the que!!!!!!!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

If reccommended pressure is 28 all round, will running at 33 constitute an MOT/NCT fail?

Mark
              :

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
                If reccommended pressure is 28 all round, will running at 33 constitute an MOT/NCT fail?

Mark
                Don't think its checked on an NCT, mine has a DOE as its commercial, had 34PSI in mine, no problem.
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000

Mark
                  Nope - it isnt checked. And 28psi is "recommended" pressure, not "maximum" pressure

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X