Info on surf needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    Nope. And, I was talking about 4runners, not surfs. And I've owned a 3L V6. And, whilst I am mechanicaly very inept, that engine is the only one I've ever looked at where it filled the entire engine bay and I couldn't begin to figure out what all those wires and pipes were for and and and and
    You've never had a V12 XJS then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      Nope. And, I was talking about 4runners, not surfs. And I've owned a 3L V6. And, whilst I am mechanicaly very inept, that engine is the only one I've ever looked at where it filled the entire engine bay and I couldn't begin to figure out what all those wires and pipes were for and and and and
      You didn't do the head gaskets on it!

I don't usually worry about labeling pipes and keeping things seperated when stripping an engine, but that thing was different.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
        My 3.0 TD returns about 200-220 per tank of fuel.

Best of Luck

Mark
        Eeeeek ...... that doesn't sound alot - my old diesel 101 landrover expedition vehicle (3.5 tonne +) only fell to that when in sand

Works out at about 15 to the gallon...

Comment

No,It works out at about 20-22 to the gallon.I think it's about a 55 ltr tank.
          You are right though,it's fairly sh1t,infact it's not far in front of my 4.6 ltr Range Rover

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
            No,It works out at about 20-22 to the gallon.I think it's about a 55 ltr tank.
            You are right though,it's fairly sh1t,infact it's not far in front of my 4.6 ltr Range Rover

Regards

Mark
            My Iveco does more than that..... I knew the big 4.2 6 cyl from toyota was a nightmare on fuel, thought the 3l might be better

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              You didn't do the head gaskets on it!
              If I did, they'd be in exactly the state they started in but with rounded off bolts covered in blood holding them firmly in place and, quite possibly, evidence of a substantial electrical fire surrounding them.

Comment

Working...
              X