Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @animal

Hi there matey!

Just curious about a couple of things...

1. Have you used any of that "chrome" paint you were talking about the other week yet? Is it any good?

2. I'm mulling around a few ideas about painting my motorcycle trailer before the winter and I fancy using some particularly garish or glow-in-the-dark paint for it. Have you got any recommendations for glow-in-the-dark paint and how I should apply it? (ie specific undercoats or prep, lacquers, brands of paint, suppliers, etc)

Cheers!

Hi matey
    I've tried a sample of the chrome spray and its awesome, I just forgot to take pics before the person I painted the helmet for collected it. I'll try and see if he can send me some.

As for garish paint I've got a few ideas. Ford st electric orange, Ford st green, photochromatic paint (flippy paint) . Or a mish mash of different colours .
    Prep work etc will depend on which colour you decide on and what effect you want.
    Does that help you at all mate.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I've got a sample of some glow in the dark pigment here. I'll try and sort some pics out for you.
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
        I've got a sample of some glow in the dark pigment here. I'll try and sort some pics out for you.
        Cheers, dude. I've seen Rust-oleum glow in the dark paint on B&Q's website and it just set me thinking... I reckon it'd be a bit more interesting (& distinctive!) than just painting it in Hammerite or something.

Comment

Any pics of that Chrome paint bud?

I'm thinking Yoshie tubular rear bumper, sprayed chrome....

Anyone good with PS?
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

doesn't glow in dark paint loose its glow over time sure i read it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by SRI_GAZ View Post
              doesn't glow in dark paint loose its glow over time sure i read it somewhere
              The old radioactive stuff did, as the half life decreases its potency by "half" every x minutes/hours/years depending on type of substance
              Isn't new stuff "charged" by daylight?
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
              X