Ground Anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Anchor

I am waiting for material to arrive to finish sliders, so decided to have a go at a ground anchor.

I liked the look of the longbow but decided a shorter version would suit my requirements better so decided to make a short bow

Last edited by yoshie; 14 July 2011, 18:48.
    Brian

Nice job! i'll avoid the silly remarks as i expect there'll be a few along soon, such as are you going to throw it out the window?

Good bit of fabrication!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

When you said ground anchor I was expecting to see one of these ...

Proper Ground Anchor

I crewed a wrecker for a couple of weeks on exercise in the late 70's - they're a real batsard to set on hard ground

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Cracking job! I might have to put my name down for one when you start production!

Other anchors I've seen have another eye at the spade end to help you pull the back out - just a thought!
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
          Cracking job! I might have to put my name down for one when you start production!

Other anchors I've seen have another eye at the spade end to help you pull the back out - just a thought!
          Yep, I forgot.

I am sure a strap round the tube will work as well until I can be bothered fitting an eye on the other end.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Yep, I forgot.

I am sure a strap round the tube will work as well until I can be bothered fitting an eye on the other end.
            I'll forgive you this time, just send me the offending anchor and build your self another one and this time do it properly!
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Nice job Brian, I recon a few hardcore off roaders on here would be up for one of those.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X