X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I bought...

I bought one of these:

http://www.boab.biz/acatalog/BOAB_Ai...ssor_Kits.html

but mine was second hand from eBay and was considerably cheaper.

I'm such a gadget freak!

Maybe one day I'll have a truck to go overlanding with where it might actually be useful!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Looks a good kit, mines off an ambulance air sus system, got it from Stien,
    just finished installing the bits (again) very handy haveing the means of pumping up your own tyres, mines working (or gonna be) the step and crane
    piped two recievers together
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Train horns next???

Could you run air tools off that?
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Nearly bought a deisel loco train horn off stormy some years back but didn't have the cash at the time, an air horn is on the neverending list but not those bl00dy awefull "cornel bogey or dukes of hazzard" $hit a nice dual tone pair like the us trucks use would do for me

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Nearly bought a deisel loco train horn off stormy some years back but didn't have the cash at the time, an air horn is on the neverending list but not those bl00dy awefull "cornel bogey or dukes of hazzard" $hit a nice dual tone pair like the us trucks use would do for me
          Here you go, Ian. Try this one for size. It came off a ferry. By the way, just how much of that bl00dy red paint have you got?.........Cheers....Mick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjR5K...eature=related
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hey Ian. These might be the sort of thing you're looking for. Can't seem to find a U.K. supplier, though......Cheers....MIck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBeh...eature=related
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Oh that's cool. I'd like an onboard air system like that in my truck. Might have a lookie on EBay tomorrow and see what I can find.

Can you take loads of pics of the install too when you fit it all?

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

I bought a really deep and loud horn from Halfords a few years back. I think it was called a Nautilus or something.

Only cost about £30, well worth it too!

Comment

Thanks for the links, the ferry horn sounds good might have summat to say about leting that go in the highstreet

the install is easy enough, i did a rough wiring & piping diag if it's any help

Comment

the install is easy enough, i did a rough wiring & piping diag if it's any help
                    I might request a copy of that at some point! hmmm a ferry horn connected to an air compressor!
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                      I bought a really deep and loud horn from Halfords a few years back. I think it was called a Nautilus or something.

Only cost about £30, well worth it too!
                      Got mine from the scrappy,

BMW e36 coupe has a low and hi horn, so i have 3 lo and 1 high on the truck and it sounds a lot better than stock.

Comment

Here's my "layout" it's a bit OTT for a straight comp wire-up as mine has up & down solinoids (air suspension) all ya need is the main compressor motor wiring

all you'll need is a 40 amp relay, an on/off switch and some heavy duty wire and some standard wire
                        once ya decide where to stick the comp (the rear cubby holes are good) run the comp motor "negitave" to a good earth point, run the comp motor "pos"to pin "87" on the relay, run a wire from the battery (via a 15 amp fuse) to pin "30" in the relay, all this wire should be heavy duty (3mm),
                        run a wire from either ign (or battery if you want the comp to run without ign on) to a single pole single throw switch (common terminal) and run a wire from the load terminal to pin "85" on the relay,
                        run a wire from pin "86" to one of the air tank pressure cut-out switch's wires, run the other pressure switch's wire to earth,
                        This'll get it pumping and the switch will cut out the comp when it's reached it's set pressure,

the pipe diag might be of some help, just take what info you need from it, i need to up-date the drawing as i now have two tanks,
                        it looks complicated but i'm useing 5 port switches for the step etc so disregard most of the shoit you see there,

you can run air line quick release fittings either side of the truck for tyre pumping, i have a coil type inflator i just plug in whichever side i need plus one in the back, you can cut in an extra pressure gauge anywhere you like (dash etc)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Which reminds me, the low horn has died on my E46 lol

My truck has aftermarket horns, not sure what they are but they sound good!
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                          X