Another Rear Window Relay Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rear Window Relay Question

Has any one worked out what is killing the rear window relay on Surfs? I seem to get through them to regular, I mean I am changing it every few months. I am considering putting in my own relays, but what is it that kills them, maybe moisture or a power surge? Has any one taken one apart to see what is cooking them?

Changing the relays is cheap and pretty straightforward, Even I can do it. Maplins do them for a couple of quid a piece. Is you mech and runners all clean and lubed up?(If you will pardon the expression...)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      Changing the relays is cheap and pretty straightforward, Even I can do it. Maplins do them for a couple of quid a piece. Is you mech and runners all clean and lubed up?(If you will pardon the expression...)
      Yeah my back door is serviced regulary, I apply a little lube and I find it slides in and out quite well but on a serious note the relays keep going every few months. I am either very unlucky and keep buying dodgey second hand relays or something enviromental is causing it

Comment

Gday Mr Rosco,
        Have you checked the voltage your alternator/regulator is putting out ?
        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Nothing 'kills' them, apart from the contacts burning out in time, I've replaced 5 or 6 in years of working on Surfs everyday, and never more than once on the same truck.

Are you sure you're fitting relays with right rated contacts or correct voltage coil?
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X