MOT / DOE day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT / DOE day....

well presented surf for her mot/doe today, all going good till hand brake test....

and boy did that fail....

tester reckons the weight adjustment thing-a-majig i cant quite remember the name of at this time may be seized / stuck...

so what do i look for tomorrow morning in regards to trying to fix rear brakes, handbrake / foot brake, they are partially working and truck can lockup rear wheels in the wet so i know they are working somewhat but just not enough for mister tester...

First off try pulling the handbrake on and off a bunch of times and see if it self adjusts as it should. If that fails you can adjust the rear brakes by removing the rubber bung in the back of the hub and get the adjuster clicked up with a screwdriver. Wheel off ground and on axle stand. Adjust until you can just feel the brake starting to bite. If all this fails its rear wheels off. Hubs off and strip, clean, grease up adjusters, till they do some adjusting. hub and wheel back on and adjust up by screwdriver. Once youve had the wheel and hub off youll have a much better idea of where to put the screwdriver and which direction to turn the adjuster.
    And in future use the handbrake and dont just stick it in park. Its use of the handbrake which keeps the rears adjusted.
    Сви можемо

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....44&postcount=8
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

cheers off to try the now.....

Comment

Problem found...

Both drive shaft seals fubarred.....

So shafts out time....

Comment

Working...