Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waste gate mods

Hello All

Was thinking about having a go at the washers on the waste gate mods but after reading up on some rather conflicting stories am not to sure.
    So has anyone got any experience with this mod?
    Inter-cooler I understand as this will not put any greater stress on the engine.

As ever I will defer to those that know.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

It just restores the lost tension in the wastegate 'spring' to allow the turbo to create the same amount of boost it did when the truck/engine was new.

The ECU won't let it over-boost anyway, it'll go into limp mode if the boost is over 12psi.

Intercoolers are only really effective when you are already moving.

Comment

Thanks for the reply so before I go and break stuff I should actually find out what boost pressure my very old blower is pushing out

Obviously if I need more power I need to save up some money and get hold of a LS400 and then speak very nicely to YOU.

Slightly off topic But after reading your posts on the rather amazing transformations you do I remember you saying they were geared for 0-60 in 6.5 secs what sort of rpm are you getting at 70 mph?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        Thanks for the reply so before I go and break stuff I should actually find out what boost pressure my very old blower is pushing out

Probably around 7 to 9 psi at the moment.

Obviously if I need more power I need to save up some money and get hold of a LS400 and then speak very nicely to YOU.
        I'll be here when you're ready.
        Slightly off topic But after reading your posts on the rather amazing transformations you do I remember you saying they were geared for 0-60 in 6.5 secs what sort of rpm are you getting at 70 mph?

Can't remember exactly, but around 2500rpm. Rev limiter cuts in at around 6000. You can't hurt these engines.

Comment

Working...
        X